PlayStation 3 barred from UK prisons

Heavie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
Maryland
British prison just got a whole lot more hostile as prisoners are barred from having PS3s. Home Secretary John Reid banned the console because it can "send and receive radio signals." Of course, Britain loves the PS3 more than any other console, so it makes sense to only ban the PS3 and not the Wii, DS or PSP, which also have Wi-Fi. Spending a little extra the Xbox 360 can add the capability as well.

It's so sad when felons have things snatched from them. We now wait to see if other consoles who use "radio signals" will also be banned from British prisons or if it's all just PlayStation hate. It must be nice to have a prison system where an issue like this comes up. In an American prison someone would file the Sixaxis into a shiv and motion control that into a fellow prisoner's soft parts.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/31/playstation-3-barred-from-uk-prisons/

While they are at it, ban them here (USA) too if they aren't already; and get the TVs, radios, weights and everything else that promotes leisure & fun in JAIL; all while legit families and their kids do without.

While they are at it, ban them here (USA) too if they aren't already; and get the TVs, radios, weights and everything else that promotes leisure & fun in JAIL; all while legit families and their kids do without.

I was going to say the same thing! its sad, but here I am busting my hump and supporting other peoples Ps3 and games with my taxes and I can only afford to have 1-2 games for mine? hmm something fishy there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)