PlayStation 4K” and “Xbox Durango” will be key to Ultra HD adoption

PS4k would be high on my acquire list if it did 4k and featured BD XL 4 layer 128GB discs to have a means to distribute 4k content.

I'd expect it would be Sony pushing this the hardest, as they've got a vested interest with their TV business. The blu-ray movement didn't exactly help that unit all that much though. Last I read their LCD business hasn't posted a profit in like 10 years, and Kaz has pledged it will be profitable by May 2014

If they can come out with a reasonably priced 4K TV and the PS4K with 4k BDs they will probably start another conversion boom.

I'm not sure Sony will be pushing this as much as they pushed Blu-ray. There is simply not as much to gain. It has also not been proven if the system will even support it at launch.

Playstation 4k? Where did that name come from? The development units have been using the code name Orbis thus far. Playstation 4K hasn't been used anywhere.

Last edited:
If they can come out with a reasonably priced 4K TV and the PS4K with 4k BDs they will probably start another conversion boom.

I suppoe it depends on what is "reasonably priced". But I don't see the price of thes ets coming doen for awhile. I would admit thiugh that having a player for conternt would help. right now I see no point in making the investment for 4K. If there was content out there and a way to play it at least some might take the plunge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts