PLEA: 921 users with 105 locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

YourNameHere

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
Just got of the phone with Dish "advanced" tech and they requested that as many 921 users as possible having trouble locking 105 give them a call. They want to see how many units are having trouble to see if it is a legit bug.

There appears to be a bug in the 921 that is keeping it from locking onto 105. I am on my 2nd 921 and it has the same problem as the first. My locals are on 105 so Justin at Mainstreet set me up with a SuperDish that hits 119, 110 and 105. I have 2 301 receivers that lock on 105 no problem. However, neither one of my 921 units would register any signal strength at all. Justin was on the phone with them for a long time the day of the install. They determined it was a "bad" unit and sent a replacement. The replacement has the exact same problem.

So please give Dish a call if you have a dish pointed at 105 and are unable to get a lock on it. Maybe they will be able to collect enough info from all of us to figure out a fix.

I have the same problem.

It can find 105 on the checkswitch, however when I tune to Channel 7000 I am told UNKNOWN SATELLITE on the display.

Scott, exact symptoms as both of my units. Would you mind giving advanced tech a call and reporting it? I was told without several of us calling it won't make the known issue list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)