Please bring me up to speed as to the 922 funtionality...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jnixson3

Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
Johnston IA
Would someone be so kind as to give a brief synopsis as to how the different functions are coming along? Such as DVR, Internet, EHD, Sling, etc.

The reason I ask is that I have a 922 that I fell into last November. Had it activated for a weekend but it had too many issues at that time. So I deactivated it and has been sitting in its box since then. I have been upgrading my Windows Home Server set up in the mean time and now have it working reasonable well streaming content through my house. recording OTA HD and having Netflix. I may end up canceling DISH.

If I do cancel DISH, then I will want to sell the 922 and would want to give potential buyers the latest on how the 922 is progressing. I don't have any recent first hand knowledge so am looking for some feedback. Any input would not only be welcomed but appreciated. I don't want to mislead anyone who might show an interest.

Scott - if this is in the wrong area, let me know. Did not know where to put this so I thought I would start here.... If it needs to be moved, please do so.

Thanks All...

Would someone be so kind as to give a brief synopsis as to how the different functions are coming along? Such as DVR, Internet, EHD, Sling, etc.

DVR works. no internet browser, no EHD support yet. I've only had to do a hard reboot once in the last month. Once they get the EHD working I'll be tempted to move this into the main room.

Slings works sometimes. I don't have a dedicated Sling box to compare it to, but I don't think the display is very crisp on my iPhone.

Yup what AKGolf said.

Now on the ASL1 software and its going well.

Sling works sometimes, sometimes I get a black screen other times it works fine. As far as a receiver goes its really solid now and I find it much more enjoyable to use then my 722k.

The VOD still needs lots of work, even the stuff they are pre loading on the DVR has missing pictures and descriptions and still hard to find things. They need to fix that before releaseing it, there is no reason for incomplete info on the programs they are sending down.

I can see this becoming my main receiver very soon as it is that solid, just need the final bugs out. :)

So, is the 922 the second coming of the 921? Kind of born of a prototype proving of concept released before being fully mature?

So, is the 922 the second coming of the 921? Kind of born of a prototype proving of concept released before being fully mature?

It's already better than the 921 and I don't think they'll release it until they get the items mentioned above fixed.

I think the OP should put their 922 on the data stream occasionally so it can update its software which it should do even with no subbed channels so the software doesnt get too far out of date......

The software is getting REALLY GOOD now. I am impressed with how far its come!

I would venture to say that we COULD see this thing released in April.

Haven't played with it yet, but new software last night. They've changed the Sling icon and looks like they may have updated it.

Ahh yes, ASN1 I am playing with it now.

You turn on your receiver for the first time and it tells you how to watch the Slingloaded features on the internet. :) (I still wish you could view it with the software Slingplayer and not need to watch it on the website. The reason for this is I have a PC in my car, and to turn on the evening news when I go home at night its just a one button press on my touchscreen. :)

I notice they now have the ability to turn on and off the IR remote support... VERY NICE!

The system wizard now backs up your settings to the remote control now as well.

It looks like the Sling option on the menu is just instructions. Not really sure because I had to do a soft reset after it stopped responding both times I tried to page through it.

Did some playing around with it and can watch the sling on my iPhone (there is a cursor in the middle of the screen though.)but can not view it on the website when on my local network. I hear audio but no picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts