Please fill in your Location

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
Please fill in the LOCATION field in your Profile, and it will then be displayed under your user name.

Dozens and dozens of times, I am trying to help someone with a problem like " I have a problem with ABC " and I have to reply "what is your location".

Scott recently made an L615 report thread, but there is huge variation depending on the location of the viewer, i.e. which HD locals they receive.

Sure, if you have privacy concerns, then you can leave it blank, or make it less specific, but even the state can be helpful.

Go to User CP (Control Panel) -? Your Profile -> Edit Your Detials and then scroll down below Additional Information to " Location ".

And have a happy holidays ! :)

:up This is all too true.

Everyone should really have their County, State or local DMA shown for their locations at the very least.

Maybe this important message should be a sticky? What do you think Scott?

I had the problem even though I added my address from day 1. Recently it was not displayed and I wondered about that--some version of the DB dropped it? I had a hard time seeing that "profile" was in a slightly different color (maybe make it red or bold) and could not find where it was as I could not go to User CP after logging in--everywhere went to the same page, which just required a dummy/dumb answer, eventually. Worked last night, but was a pain today.
-Ken

Please fill in the LOCATION field in your Profile, and it will then be displayed under your user name.

Dozens and dozens of times, I am trying to help someone with a problem like " I have a problem with ABC " and I have to reply "what is your location".

Scott recently made an L615 report thread, but there is huge variation depending on the location of the viewer, i.e. which HD locals they receive.

Sure, if you have privacy concerns, then you can leave it blank, or make it less specific, but even the state can be helpful.

Go to User CP (Control Panel) -? Your Profile -> Edit Your Detials and then scroll down below Additional Information to " Location ".

And have a happy holidays ! :)

I'm good with the way mine is right now, but thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)