Please help-2dishes on one cable? DVR522

markncrys

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Hello everyone, I was hoping someone might help me. I have a DVR522 and I have 2 dishes outside. One is for my locals and the other is for my top 60 programing. I have 2 cables coming inside to my reciever right now but I would like to move my tv in the room to another spot but I only have 1 RG6 connection at the other spot and no way of running another cable. IS there a way I can just use one cable?
This is what I think I have for equipment. Outside there is the main DP500 with 110 and 119, then there is the other DP500 for local that has 2 wires coming off of it. I also have 2 DP21 switches out there. Thats what I have for equipment.
Now is there a way I can combine the 3 signals into one wire and then bring it into the house and then split it for my DVR522 dual tuner? Thanks
Mark

You would have to replace a twin on one of the Dish500's with a DPP twin. You would need no switch and can have 110, 119, and even a third satellite with no additional switches. You would run a wire from the DPP twin to the other dish since it has the switch built in. You would run that one wire inside to the 522 then use a DishPro signal splitter in which would split the signal from the one single cable to the two tuners on the back.

Now what are the lnbs I have now called? Is one a dual and one a twin? I have one that looks to have 2 sats and one has 1 sat and 2 output? Where do you get the DPP twins at and how much do they cost?

I was looking around also and I thought it looked like I could use what I had but would need a DPP 44 switch and also maybe a separator for the dual tuner. That way there is most stuff involved though.

What you have now is a DP Twin on the Dish500 for 110 & 119, and a DP Dual on the other dish for your locals. The DP21 combines them to have all three locations on each line.

Switch the DP twin fro a Dish Pro Plus twin. The DPP Twin has an input for a wing sat such as you have. This would allow all 3 locations to travel down one line. Then in the house you use a DP seperator to feed both tuners on the 522.

Dave, I understand what you are saying, now a question, on one side of the DPP twin there is the connection to the wing sat, ok, now on the other side there is 2 outputs, would I use only one output and then just a DPP seperator right before my dual tuner DVR?

I forgot, also on the 3rd sat I have a dp dual, now would I just run 1 wire from the dual to the lnb input on a DPP twin and not worry about the extra port? I also would not use the DP21's correct?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
markncrys said:
Dave, I understand what you are saying, now a question, on one side of the DPP twin there is the connection to the wing sat, ok, now on the other side there is 2 outputs, would I use only one output and then just a DPP seperator right before my dual tuner DVR?
I forgot, also on the 3rd sat I have a dp dual, now would I just run 1 wire from the dual to the lnb input on a DPP twin and not worry about the extra port? I also would not use the DP21's correct?
Thanks for the help.

Correct on both. Your other option would be getting a dpp44 switch and using your existing dptwin and dpdual to feed it. this is a more expensive option, but allows for up to 4 dual tuner receivers, and will allow you to add another sat location in the furutre (129° for voom or HD locals in the future as an example)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)