Please help a dish hopeful

reedacus25

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Starkville
Recently bought a new 42" LCD and right now we have cable for our internet and tv service. Here is our cable provider Northland Cable Television - Starkville, MS
Northland Cable sucks big time already but even worse for HD content. If you look under the services tab they want $75/month for the programming and $30/month to lease the HD STB which is a CRAPPY motorola DVR. So in the search for better TV I have narrowed it down to E* because I have seen D* and am not impressed whatsoever. My friends family on the other side of our neighborhood has E* with HD and I love it. They have a Superdish (another family with E* [no HD] also has a super dish) so i would guess that's what we would want. I have been looking over all of this and am a little disappointed that we cant get the HD standalone package anymore but I have looked into the DVR advantage and I would just like some insight on opinions and any tips or heads up on the added fees involved with this package.

DishDVR Advantage 49.99
HD Pack 20.00
Rebates -20.00 (10 months)
49.99 for the first 10 months then 69.99 after that.

Now I know it cant be as simple as that. Basically we would still want local channels and we would want a ViP622 receiver to start with (basically we want to see how dish performs and decide if it is reliable enough and see if it is worth dropping cable). so we would want the 622 hooked up to the one hd and one sd sets. are there going to be any extra fees like the "access fee" or "hd enabling fee"?

also, would the superdish hit all of the "spots in the sky" from zip code 39759? Thanks

PS
We would probably want to wait until August to get because of the supposed 6 months free of HD. How would that work. Any suggestions? Thanks again

you would need a Dish 1000, not a SuperDish. And yes, a Dish 1000 would receive signals from the three satellites that you need for HD programming -- 110, 119, and 129 degrees. You would not have HD locals in the Columbus / Tupelo market.

so with that set up i shouldnt expect any hidden dvr or hd or dual tuner charges? and while all of the locals via sat are sd i will be looking into an ota to add to the 622 as the other family that has dish hd on the other side of the neighborhood gets REALLY good reception surprisingly and they will be helping us with the whole antenna deal. All the locals are now in HD except NBC (who watches that?) CBS has a multicast of CBS,CW,and MYnetwork, PBS broadcasts 2 streams, FOX just went live, ABC has been live, and NBC is just chillin. O well... really looking forward to ABC in HD (we get the cbs and pbsHD on the QAM tuner thru cable)

thanks for the insight. i trust the people on this sight more than the people at dish :)

you have my word that i was already going to be signing up thru dishstore already... i read the threads and the site and it was clear to me that that was the way to go... way ahead of you but good to have some reassurance:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)