please help! Arabic channels 61.5 to 118.7.

chiva255

Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
canada
my name is Joe and I live in Canada.my parents are retired and live in Canada with me and are from Lebanon. They have always wanted Arabic programming but it is not available in Canada. I was able to set up an account through an American friend and I put up a 2 dishes myself for them 61.5 and 119. here in Canada and they have been happy.

they have recently said they have lost 90 percent of their Arabic channels I can't exactly call customer support and when my friend calls all they want to do is come to his house in America and fix it. My question is have the Arabic channels moved from 61.5 to 118.7(read that somewhere) if so do I need a special dish or can I just point the dish from 61.5 to 118.7

any information would be great and my parents would really appreciate it Thank You

The good is if 119 works then 118.7 will also work, the mast size is the same fo both dishes, and it is fairly easy to install with the old style LNBas the birds are in the same place., Bad is you need a new dish (500+) it is much bigger and I would recommend supporting the mast, since I recommend the old style LNB you will also need a switch depening on the reciever.

thanks for your help . Couple of quick questions . Should I keep the 61.5 satellite up still because there are a few Arabic stations on there or have they all moved to 118. I've put the order in on ebay for the dish 500 plus that receives 110 119 and 118 . I have a guy going to my parents house to help set it up who puts up CanAdian dishes for a living . Is there anything I should tell him when setting this up or getting a signal. Also do I need some sort of switch. Thanks again

Last edited:
Depends on which model 500+ you bought! The new one requires no external switch. The old one requires a DP34 or DPP33, depending upon receivers.

If the Arabic channel is on 61.5 its already on 118.7 too

Dish has been cleaning off 61.5 of International channels. All of them are already on 118.7 for new customers

Depends on which model 500+ you bought! The new one requires no external switch. The old one requires a DP34 or DPP33, depending upon receivers.
actually if all they use right now is 119 (which the OP mentions) a DP21 would be fine for 119 & 118.7. Unless they have a package other than the International essentials (I think its called) they may not need 110.

You NEED to see 119 for software upgrades and the guide (I dont think the guide is on 118.7 only)

I know this hasnt been mentioned but hopefully the OP can tell us what model receiver(s) they are using

reason is if they have an old receiver it may not be compatible with the new dish. Anything above a 301 will work fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)