Please help explain these channels to me.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dispatcher_21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Walla Walla,WA
I have the AT120 with HBO/Cinemax, HD Pack and my local Yakima, WA plus the distants for CBS. When I got the distant CBS channels I picked the Portland feed and the New York feed. Now here is where I am confused. Channel 8001 is KCBS NY and it shows everything on the east coast schedule. 8101 is WCBS NY but it shows everything on the west coast schedule. 8671 is Koin, the Portland CBS. Why do I have two NY CBS channels and why is one of them showing the programs on the west coast schedule??

Disregard, my blind eyes decieved me. The WCBS is indeed the Los Angeles feed but I dont know why I have that, I didnt order the the LA feed, just the Portland and New York. Oh well, just as long as I dont get charged for it.

Actually, 8001 should be KCBS LA; 8101 should be WCBS NY. Normally, K is for stations west of the Mississippi; W is east of the Mississippi. There are exceptions for older stations that got their call letters in early radio days (like KDKA-TV Pittsburgh or WFAA-TV Dallas); those don't apply to the network flagships on the coasts, however.

Portland actually isn't an option for distant locals; your choices are now NY, Atlanta, Chicago, or LA. (Also, you can't have distant locals from more than two cities.) Are you actually getting Portland? If so, you must have "moved" to a Portland address...

(Also, you can't have distant locals from more than two cities.)

I get my local markets and two selections for each distant networks also. I have networks selections from both the NYC & LA market from each network.

RBBrittain said:
Actually, 8001 should be KCBS LA; 8101 should be WCBS NY. Normally, K is for stations west of the Mississippi; W is east of the Mississippi. There are exceptions for older stations that got their call letters in early radio days (like KDKA-TV Pittsburgh or WFAA-TV Dallas); those don't apply to the network flagships on the coasts, however.

Portland actually isn't an option for distant locals; your choices are now NY, Atlanta, Chicago, or LA. (Also, you can't have distant locals from more than two cities.) Are you actually getting Portland? If so, you must have "moved" to a Portland address...

There are a couple of regional distants that are available (as long as you're within the spotbeam)

Dallas
Portland, OR
Kansas City, MO
Denver

Along with the 4 CONUS distants
LA
NY
Atlanta
Chicago

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)