Please help me reconnect my receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
Had new carpet installed today and receiver/equipment was unplugged. The pic shows what I have ... can someone please explain which cables go where?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 210
Had new carpet installed today and receiver/equipment was unplugged. The pic shows what I have ... can someone please explain which cables go where?

Well, you have a SWiM set up, so well start there.
On the Power Inserter (black box, says To LNB probably) you'll have 2 lines, one in one out. make sure the one that says To LNB goes that way, out to dish, the other side goes to inb your case the splitter your showing from there the outs go to your recvrs.

I'm not sure how the other box gets set up, is that the internet box ? I don't have my set up with that box ...

Others will chime in soon with more explanations.

Thanks for the quick reply ... The black box has two outs; one marked signal to ird and power to swm

Yes you have a CCK or DECA BB box next to that, without knowing your entire system, receivers, dish etc, I really can't comment. not trying to scare you it might be good idea to go ahead and place a service call with T* so they can have a tech set it backup for you.... the system gets really complicated, and if you install something incorrectly you can cause damage to it. Even a ground can cause issues down the road, and it will cost more money and time. Please call and have a tech come hook it back up for you. The service plan is a good option vs paying for a service call, and it pays for parts also.

The service plan is a good option vs paying for a service call, and it pays for parts also.

Really? I mean I trust everyone's opinion here, but there's only a few coax cables how hard could it be (lol). I hate to wait for a tech for a few days ... ughhhhh

Really? I mean I trust everyone's opinion here, but there's only a few coax cables how hard could it be (lol). I hate to wait for a tech for a few days ... ughhhhh

Ok, Start with the power inserter (Black box on the right.) Looking at the picture: The cable on the Right goes to the splitter, from the splitter the cable on the right goes to the wall and the cable on the left goes to the port on the DECA BB (Other box on the left.) Going back to the Power inserter (black box on the right.) cable on the left goes to your Receiver.
Note your Power inserter will have to be plugged into its own wall outlet, not a power strip. Cat 5 cable goes from Deca BB to router.
To sync the entire system shut off everything. Cable modem, wireless router, receiver, and power inserter.
1. Power up Cable modem, and Plug in power inserter, wait 5 min. (Yes 5 min it allows the cable modem to receive an Ip and the LMB to do its stuff.)
2. Power up your wireless router. (Wait a few min.)
3. Power up (plug in.) the DECA BB.
4. Power on the receiver, and hit the red button behind the cover panel on the right.
6. Check sat. for strength. verify MVR, etc.
5. Allow 24 hours for your channel guide to populate.

This is just a guess I really don't know your receiver type, etc, so what I just told you could be all wrong.... But I guess there are only a few coax cables, so how hard could it be...?

Ok, But I guess there are only a few coax cables, so how hard could it be...?

I took your advice and called for a technician. Thankfully, the tech can be here tomorrow. Thank you for your help!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)