PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY DISH SETUP!!! ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

superfly2008

Original poster
May 21, 2012
philadelphia
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY SET UP. I RECENTLY GOT DISH INSTALLED IN MY 2ND FLOOR APARTMENT WHEN THE GUY CAME OUT HE SETUP THE HD DVR BOX IN MY BEDROOM I TOLD THE I ONLY WANTED ONE HD SETUP AND THE OTHER COULD JUST BE STANDARD. NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM WHEN I GOT MY DISH SERVICE PUT IN I ONLY HAD MY BEDROOM TV, I WAS WAITING TO GET MY LIVING ROOM TV SO THE HD SETUP WENT TO THAT TV AND THE BOX AS WELL NOW IN MY LIVING ROOM THE GUY RAN A WIRE FOR STANDARD SETUP WITH OUT A BOX. IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN STITCH THE CONNECTION SO THAT I CAN HAVE THE HD BOX IN MY LIVING ROOM AND STANDARD IN MY BEDROOM WITHOUT HAVING TO CALL THEM UP??? NOW IM ON THE SECOND FLOOR WITH NO ACCESS TO THE DISH OR A LADDER TO REACH IT..AND I DONT WANNA RUN A HDMI CABLE ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE APARTMENT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP????? IS THERE ANY SPLITTERS OR ANY THING I CAN GET THAT WOULD HELP? THE RECIVER IS A "VIP722K DVR" IF DAT HELPS ANY

HOW DID HE RUN YOUR LINES?? <<YELLING>> If you have only one line coming down from the dish and fallow it when you find the diplexer ( Looks like splitter ) one side will have 2 connectors one is sat and other is for your tv 2 and on the other side just one connector that goes to your dvr you can swap the lines but dont touch the sat line. after you swap the lines plug the box into the old tv 2 SD location and then the cable that was on your dvr in the bedroom direct into your tv . If sticker is missing on remotes to tell you what ch tv 2 is on. after main box is running press menu 6-1-5 and that screen will show you what ch the tv in the bed room needs to stay on.

OK. THers two cables one comine to the reciver and one stright to the tv.. i have no access to the roof thats where that diplexer is. is there any thing i can put on the tv2 cable too convert it too HD

if the lines are next to each other you can just make a new diplexer location. its a pos fix but it will work and get your setup the way you want it .

jim pic one is good pic 2 is WRONG !

Since your tech did bolth lines on roof if they are next to each other you can use my crude draw to fix the issue

pos diplex.jpg

jimk2 your probably right but no way to get up there to check at all....

rocket69 dat sounds lik wat i was looking for. wish i could get up there to check it out

it should be no other way to do it if he did put the 2 lines to the roof. if they are like my photo you will need another diplexer or you could just call dish or toss a $5 to the next guy up on your roof to swap the lines

yep 2 lines to the roof . If the rooms are next to each other you can get a diplexer and run one line to the new location.

just hook up the line direct to the triplexer to sat in on diplexer and run the new line on the side with a single connector to your living room and put the box on the new line and tv 2 on the same side as sat on the diplexer

can also be done with 2 cables one connected directly to the line the triplexer was on and extend it to new location then for tv2 hook up second cable from box where you see the yellow tag direct to the tv 2

View attachment 77283View attachment 77284 ok soo here it is this is the way it is setup in my bedroom what you think?

Hey Superfly2008.
If you are looking to get "true" HD on the TV in the living room instead of the TV in the bedroom, you will have to swap the cables that go to the TV's The HDMI cable will display the picture in 720P or 1080P (depending on your TV). The Coaxial cable will only display HD content as standard definition.

If you're looking to display "true" HD format to both TV's, you can switch the DVR receiver mode to Single display, attach an HDMI splitter (you can get one from Amazon.com and probably Radio Shack). You will still need to run another HDMI cable from the splitter to the other TV.

I know DISH's new Hopper System is supposed to be able to send HDMI to multiple TV's, but I don't have it or know anyone that does to say how good it works.
Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts