Please help. Power Inserter? TV2 screen size?

featherz17

Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
I had a DNS tech out Tuesday to install the Dish 1000 and 622 receiver at my house. I had a 942 and a 311 with a Super Dish 105, 110, 119, and a d500 for the 61.5.

He did not bring a power inserter and told me that I didn't need the 61.5 because they were about to remove all the HD channels from it. Anyway, he installed it and hooked everything up to the 44 switch along with the 61.5 (after I told him that I had to have it for CBSHD) and it all came in. He didn't use a power inserter.

Now the receiver keeps searching for satellite signal. Its a beautiful clear night, and no channels come in whatsoever. It goes through the progressions from 1-5, then starts back over. Every now and then, it will get 5-5, go to program guide download, then once the program download is done, it goes back to searching for satellite signal. :mad:

I guess my question is, how important is this power inserter in my case.

And how do you get TV1 to stay on 1080i 16x9 and TV2 to stay on 480 4x3?

Thanks

When I go into the menu screen, system setup, HDTV setup, and set my HD tv to 1080i why does it change the standard tv in the bedroom to 1080i also. Then when I change tv2 in the bedroom back to 480 4x3 it changes the HD tv in the living room as well. This is about to drive me nutz!!!!

Someone please help.

Installer should supply the power inserter, call him and have him bring it. The HD channels are also not going to be removed from 61.5. Along the Northeast 129 cannot be seen, also my HD locals are on 61.5. Sounds like a very 'informed' installer. (Note the sarcasm.) Are you using single or dual mode. I think in dual mode the settings stay for the seperate tv's. In single mode, it expect to be one tv and has to be changed accordingly.

Last edited:
garys said:
Installer should supply the power inserter, call him and have him bring it. The HD channels are also not going to be removed from 61.5. Along the Northeast 129 cannot be seen, also my HD locals are on 61.5. Sounds like a very 'informed' installer. (Note the sarcasm.)

Thanks Garys.

With the power inserter, would that allow me to keep the 61.5 connected into the 44 switch along with the 110, 119, and 129.

I called a buddy of mine that works for dish and he said to go outside and unhook the 61.5 for the time being until I got a power inserter. That way the recevier would work properly and not keep searching for signal.

Would a power inserter keep my receiver from continuously searching for signal when its clear outside and not a cloud in sight.

Also, I live in south Georgia so whats a good signal strength for the 110, 119, 129, and 61.5? Which transponders need to have the highest signal strength, or does that matter?

Thanks.

To the OP: I'm still at a loss why the installer did NOT bring the power-inserter. Irregardless if the DPP44 is being used for 3 or 4 satellite locations, the inserter is needed to POWER up the DPP44 switch; that thing needs the extra juice!!. As already stated, either get the installer or another rep from his company to come out and install that power-inserter.

Echo webbydude - the power requirements of the 44 and all those LNBs exceeds what the receiver can deliver. If you disconnect some of that load (1 or 2 of the LNBs) then you might have a chance of getting it to work (others have posted comments about successful operation of the 44 without the power inserter), but that should only be a temporary measure. Long term that situation could cause overload damage to the receiver and/or unreliable operation of the switch or LNBs from too low an input voltage. The power inserter is a "must" for proper operation of the DPP44, otherwise why would they provide one? (Every DPP44 ships with the inserter.)

Last edited:

Want to switch from Legacy to Dishpro but....

K.C. local sound quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)