PLEASE HELP!!! Receiving Complete Signal Loss on "SOME" channels after changing receiver

JRMan

Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
USA
Hello,

Great site and thank you all in advance for any help you can provide me with. I've read some similar stories of what I'm about to say, but I believe mine is a little differet.

I had a Dish Network 311 receiver hooked up to a Dish Plus satellite dish with 3 newer LNB's and out of those 3 LNB's cam a total of 4 coax connections 3 from a 2 lnb combo and 1 from the single lnb. I do have international programming and I don't have a HD TV. Everyting has worked great until:

I ordered a new 211k receiver so that I can tailgate with it. I also ordered another Dish Plus Satellite Dish to take with me when camping etc...Difference with LNB compared to the unit I had before is the LNB looks different and has 3 total coax connectors instead of 4. Well weird part is when I connect the 311 receiver to this dish I ordered everything works as the dish doesn't do HD etc...and my internationals work. When I connect my new 211k receiver to the dish I ordered, only certain local and premium channels come in. My internationals don't come in and when I flip to them or some premium channels I receive the message "Complete Signal Loss 02" with a bunch of info on turning box off etc..

So at this point I'm lost at how to setup installation part of it on receiver like how to setup Transponder, what exactly is check switch etc..etc.. Is there a easy way to get my new 211k receiver working with everything including international.

Thank you all!

You have to do a check switch before the 211 will know what sats it can see. IIRC it's Menu-6-1-1-Test.

Ok so at what point do I do the check switch? Do I select satellite 119 first with the correct transponder then select check switch or ? Help me out here I'm new to all this lol. So just basically need to know when I go from the working dish to this new dish that I'm trying to go to with the 211k receiver what steps should I take? Because as soon as I connect it to the dish I want it on it says "Acquiring Satellites" do I try to cancel that?

Also forgot to mention. The 211k when plugged up to my dish at home (it's same style dish but newer LNB style than dish I'm trying to use) I plug directly into a open coax port and run a coax cable directly to the 211k receiver. On the dish that I bought only difference is different LNB without that 4th coax port for me to use and 3 cables run into a big switch looking deal that came with it and then out to 2 coax's then into 1. Question is do I need to go through that switch? If not do I need to use a coax jump type cable and connect 2 lnb's together to free up 1 port on the lnb then run directly from that port?

Thanks!

Just do the check switch and report back the results. Everything you are trying to describe should have a description on it a plate that says diplexer 12345 or DP34 switch. After running the check switch it should also provide information about what is connected.

After turning on the reciever and you get video......"acquiring satellite".

Useing your remote press this button sequence:

menu, number 6, number 1, number 1.

At the point dish screen just move the cursor to check switch, click it. Wait for all tests to complete.

You will get the results and it will tell you what is the installed device is and which satellites you have your dish pointed at.

You will need to do this each time you move it from one type of dish to another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts