Please help Upgrading my DirecTV system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
I currently have a Slimline Dish with a SWM8 lnbf. I purchased a replacement LNBF the SL5K4NRO LNBF along with a SWM 16 Module with power supply.

I know I have to install three more cables from the SL5K LNBF to the Swm 16 module (I plan on installing the SWM 16 in my basement). The question does it matter which cable ports I use on the LNBF outputs to the labeled Inputs on the Swm16?

I plan on installing a HR34 soon. My current installation is HR24, HR20, H24 and Three D12's. I plan on retiring one D12 but that still max's my SWM8 LNBF when I get the HR34.

Thanks in advance
John

The four cables from the dish can connect to any of the four main connectors on the SWM16 (just not the flex ports).

You are already maxed out, you have eight tuners connected. When you get the HR34, if you retire one D12 you will have twelve tuners. Make sure you don't put more than eight on each "side" of the SWM16.
I currently have a Slimline Dish with a SWM8 lnbf. I purchased a replacement LNBF the SL5K4NRO LNBF along with a SWM 16 Module with power supply.

I know I have to install three more cables from the SL5K LNBF to the Swm 16 module (I plan on installing the SWM 16 in my basement). The question does it matter which cable ports I use on the LNBF outputs to the labeled Inputs on the Swm16?

I plan on installing a HR34 soon. My current installation is HR24, HR20, H24 and Three D12's. I plan on retiring one D12 but that still max's my SWM8 LNBF when I get the HR34.

Thanks in advance
John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts