Please Help, weird 622 Problem

Chugalug

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Just Around The Corner....
Hey

My 622 has just started acting weird. The fan is constantly going very loud and there is a black screen, I can't get it to stop. I just left it unplugged for over a day and as soon as I plugged it back in the loud fan started going, then the screen flashed with a white bar on a black screen then the screen just stays black. Anyone seen this before? Thanks

Yes. Your 622 is more than likely dead with a failed hard drive. This happened to me twice in the past 6 months. Call customer service, endure their standard troubleshooting dialog, and they will send you a replacement unit. Unfortunately, any recordings you have on the 622 are lost.

Failures like these are often due to poor ventilation/over heating. When you get your replacement, make sure it can breathe.

Go to the online chat tech support. List and explain all of the troubleshooting that you have done. This usually works instead of actually having to do them all again. In addition, it is much quicker than doing it over the phone.

Hope this helps....

So I took the receiver apart and disconnected the hard drive and can get it to turn on this way. Is there anywaythat I can put a new Hard Drive on and make it work, and if so do I just get the same model that is in there now. Thank you.

So I took the receiver apart and disconnected the hard drive and can get it to turn on this way. Is there anywaythat I can put a new Hard Drive on and make it work, and if so do I just get the same model that is in there now. Thank you.

If you can actually find the same model you can do that. The Seagate ST3500830SCE is a 500GB that is on the 722 list and several people have noted using it.

Pacific Geek has new ones for $76.99 @ Seagate DB35.35 500GB SATA/300 7200RPM 8MB HDD DB35.35

You can search around to see if you can find a new one cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts