Please help with 119 problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What's it like on the other side of that tree line? Any change you can move the dish on the other side with a pole mount or something to eliminate the tree issue?

Looks like you're going to have to trim the tree on the right hand side.
wow! That's a skinny window..I suggest some pretty extensive trimming for the future..Those trees will continmue to grow. Mature trees tend to grow more slowly depending upon species.

Yep trimming trees that high would require a professional. This is a true story. In my efforts to get a clear signal, a friend of mine was convinced he knew how to cut trees. We cut one down but was a tough one on how it leaned and it actually came down on another tree. Sat there but it was imminient that it was gonna take down the power lines on my road. I called the power company and they wouldnt come out despite a tree was gonna fall on the power lines any time.

So I went to bed that night but it was really windy. You could hear the trees cracking. I put the power company on speed dial. Sure enough around midnight, crack, snap, power out. Speed dial to power company, tree gone by day break. Turns out, I needed the tree to the right of it to clear 119. Professional came out a few months later and got my correct tree. Neighbors still wont let me live this one down.

Neighbors....The good the bad and the nosey....My response to the interloping busy body neighbor is always the same " Do you pay the note on my house?"..
Usually that's enough to shoo away any nosey people..On occasion I run into these types while installing. I have had to get nasty only twice in 9 years of experience....If the trees are on your property they belong ot you to do as you wish..Unless of course your city has tree ordinances which regulate the canopy. I used to live in such a place..

I live in minimum 2 acre lot neighborhood where most have more than that. I dont see my neighbors when the foliage grows in. I barely talk to anyone but of course the thing they remember is me knocking out power and screwing up their alarm clocks Monday morning. Its actually quite funny now.

What's it like on the other side of that tree line? Any change you can move the dish on the other side with a pole mount or something to eliminate the tree issue?

I'm going to pull out the old 3lnb and tree but there just as many trees on the other side. I walked my backyard with a compass and couldn't find a clear spot. Thanks for the input.:)

Neighbors....The good the bad and the nosey....My response to the interloping busy body neighbor is always the same " Do you pay the note on my house?"..
Usually that's enough to shoo away any nosey people..On occasion I run into these types while installing. I have had to get nasty only twice in 9 years of experience....If the trees are on your property they belong ot you to do as you wish..Unless of course your city has tree ordinances which regulate the canopy. I used to live in such a place..

The HOA has fined people even right after Katrina 500 per tree that was cut down.

I live in minimum 2 acre lot neighborhood where most have more than that. I dont see my neighbors when the foliage grows in. I barely talk to anyone but of course the thing they remember is me knocking out power and screwing up their alarm clocks Monday morning. Its actually quite funny now.

I had to chuckle at that story. My neighbors would have pitchforks and torches at my front door calling for my head.

NO! As you look from behind the dish, it's 99 on the left and 119 on the right. That never changes in the Northern Hemisphere. What does change as you go west is the tilt or skew required. In the east, 99 is the highest and 119 the lowest. On the west coast it's the opposite.

Hmmm, so 119 is higher in Phoenix? I have 110 and 101 fine and 0 on 119. I thought it was becuase of a building (the apartment complex just south of me) but that shouldn't be the case if 119 is higher. Is that correct?

PS Thanks for the welcome!:)

Hmmm, so 119 is higher in Phoenix? I have 110 and 101 fine and 0 on 119. I thought it was becuase of a building (the apartment complex just south of me) but that shouldn't be the case if 119 is higher. Is that correct?

PS Thanks for the welcome!:)

Actually, in Phoenix the 110 sat is nearly due south, so 101 and 119 would both be slightly lower than 110.

Actually, in Phoenix the 110 sat is nearly due south, so 101 and 119 would both be slightly lower than 110.

This doesn't make any since. I'm now getting mid 70's on 119 where I was getting 50's. Did mother nature do me a favor? :up

This doesn't make any since. I'm now getting mid 70's on 119 where I was getting 50's. Did mother nature do me a favor? :up

What doesn't make sense, that 119 and 101 are lower than 110 where you live, or that the signal strengths are changing? If you have nothing blocking 119, I would suggest that you have an alignment issue.

What doesn't make sense, that 119 and 101 are lower than 110 where you live, or that the signal strengths are changing? If you have nothing blocking 119, I would suggest that you have an alignment issue.

I've fooled with the dish for about two days. I'm now getting it jumping again from 40 - 87. Could it be a bad LNB?

Sounds like it might be a bad LNB. The other thing it could be is if your dish has a dent in it. Even a small one can make a big difference in where the signal gets reflected. I would check the front and back of the dish to make sure there are no dents from things like baseballs before purchasing an LNB.

Sounds like it might be a bad LNB. The other thing it could be is if your dish has a dent in it. Even a small one can make a big difference in where the signal gets reflected. I would check the front and back of the dish to make sure there are no dents from things like baseballs before purchasing an LNB.

There should be no dents and I didn't notice any while I was trying to tune it. Thanks very much for your input.

It could be a bad lnb. Have you checked the alignment? Is this a 3 or 5 lnb dish? If it's a 5, it points to the 101 sat, so 119 is farther west than it may seem, meaning that you may need to trim some branches.

It could be a bad lnb. Have you checked the alignment? Is this a 3 or 5 lnb dish? If it's a 5, it points to the 101 sat, so 119 is farther west than it may seem, meaning that you may need to trim some branches.

Grasping at straws now. I haven't cleaned up my installation. I have a lot of excess cable maybe 25 ft or more curled up under the eve. Could this disrupt 119 but not the other sats?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)