Please Help with my set top box problem

pomopwner

Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
California
Ok, so I just purchased a tv tuner card so that I can view tv on my pc. My only problem is that my computer is in the room that has tv 2 in it and doesn't have the set-top box. This tv tuner card will only accept satellite tv signals through an S-video or composite cable cord. So, is there any way to make this work other than to run a really long composite video cord from my room to the set-top box or to move my computer to the room with the set-top box in it? Do you guys have any ideas that I haven't thought of? Thanks

Yeah. Get a TV tuner card that actually has a tuner! These days it will probably be a hybrid NTSC/ATSC card. Also watch out for ATSC-only tuner cards or sticks, since your receiver can only put out NTSC video.

Thanks for all the replies, But I have one more problem. I brought the computer into the room with the set-top box in it just to test it out and when I tried to set up live tv in windows media center it said that I didn't have an IR receiver that would work with this set-top box. Does this mean that I need to go buy a better IR receiver for my computer? The tuner card came with one but apparently that doesn't work. I am completely unfamiliar with this kind of hardware so any info is helpful.

I think that's Media Center complaining about the IR receiver in your tuner card. I bought a cheap Media Center IR remote (and receiver) from Ebay to get past this confusing hurdle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts