Please Like us on Facebook

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I created a page I was able to edit it right away. Scott, did you create the page from an existing account, or did you make a new account?
This looks like an info page that actually just gathers public posts with certain key words, not a managed page.

I didn't create the page it was already created.

I contacted Facebook and was told to get ownership of it I had to get people to like it and they would transfer ownership to me.

Since then I haven't heard anything (and honestly was so busy on other things I forgot about it.)

One of the things I was looking to do was mirror some posts from the forum to Facebook, but that has been nixed as vBulletin has discontinued their vBulletin to Facebook bridging software. :(

When I created a page I was able to edit it right away. Scott, did you create the page from an existing account, or did you make a new account?
This looks like an info page that actually just gathers public posts with certain key words, not a managed page.
You're right - that's exactly what it is. From the page itself:

This Page is automatically generated based on what Facebook users are interested in, and not affiliated with or endorsed by anyone associated with this topic.

I would MAKE a page from scratch, but a) the Vbulletin part is dead (as you said, it was a big motivating factor) and b) users from here (so far) don't appear to interested.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Facebook's "highest and best use" for a company is to drive traffic to their main site. Most sites, (including one like ours for our radio station) change only "now and then" and are like the online "cornerstone" for a business, with Facebook calling attention TO the site and to information that changes faster than traditional sites-do.

In the case of Satelliteguys, however, the site ITSELF is constantly updating, changing, propagating, and growing, thus IT is the vehicle that 'net users will go to more often for specific topics and reasons, as IT changes and follows things so fast with SO many categories of discussion and so many users!

This site is unique in that it has such a large following ITSELF that a presence on facebook is good to have, but certainly NOT required to contribute to increased success of this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.