Please merge the Dish Forums !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
We have HD threads posted in the "Dish Network" General Forum by the site owner .

We have threads posted in the "Dish Network HD" Forum by a site mod concerning equipment that is not HD-related.

So, it's everyone.

If there was just one Dish Network Forum, it would be "one stop shopping", it would make it much easier to find relevant threads. And it would prevent three threads in the three Forums on the same topic.

PLEASE PLEASE.

We have HD threads posted in the "Dish Network" General Forum by the site owner .

We have threads posted in the "Dish Network HD" Forum by a site mod concerning equipment that is not HD-related.

So, it's everyone.

PLEASE PLEASE.
I guess I was asleep when they activated External Hard Drive archiving to SD Dvr's... if so guilty if not... It is in the right forum.

You can use a 622 DVR entirely for SD programming and put only SD programming on External Hard Drives.

There is nothing "HD" about External Hard Drives. They just record programming.

(If the 721 happened to have USB 2.0, they probably would activate External Hard Drive support for it.)

Anyway, all this is just examples, and distracts from the main point...

So, it's everyone.

If there was just one Dish Network Forum, it would be "one stop shopping", it would make it much easier to find relevant threads. And it would prevent three threads in the three Forums on the same topic.

PLEASE PLEASE.

I think there is a time where it will be necessary to recombine them... but I don't think it has quite come yet.

Didn't we just have this whole debate a month or so ago... and a few months before that?

It is pretty clear that there is NO CONSENSUS on the staff for the need to merge the forums.

It ain't broke, don't fix it.

It ain't broke, don't fix it.

It's broke.

All 3 Forums have threads about "HD".

The "HD Complaint" and "HD schedule" threads are pinned in the Dish Network General Forum.

There are 3 Forums that are not particularly different, and so they have duplicate threads, and are just extra work for readers and mods as well.

HD has been the biggest part of DBS discussion for many months.

Don is absolutely right.

And we have discussed this extensively in the staff, and there is no consensus whatsoever to re-design the Dish Forums.

Why is it necessary to regurgitate this same old argument over and over again? Its like a broken record.

Don is absolutely right.

And we have discussed this extensively in the staff, and there is no consensus whatsoever to re-design the Dish Forums.

Why is it necessary to regurgitate this same old argument over and over again? Its like a broken record.

At least it's a DIFFERENT broken record from the one that has been going on in the dish forums forever. ;)

BTW, I agree that there is no consensus and nobody has come up with a better split yet. The mods used to try and move it to the proper forum, but the sad fact is that the content is going to go where it wants to, especially the "no new HD" stuff. Let's just pray (without predicting) that it settles itself out shortly (note, I didn't say that word):)

The current benefit to merging the forums would be less duplication of the piss and moan threads that are happening in each forum. Instead of 3 or 4 new ones each day in both forums, maybe we'd only see 3 or 4 each day in 1 forum. :D

I know for me personally, I would prefer to look in 1 forum, because right now, there is a mish-mosh of information in each, that if you don't look in both, you might miss some information. Basically, people are not starting threads in the correct forum, some good information is in the wrong place, and ALOT(good and bad) of info is duplicated in 2 places.

Perhaps the OP does not know how to click "New Posts", and then click "New Dish Network Forum Posts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)