Please merge the Dish Forums !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I would have just split it into Technical, SD Programming, and HD Programming.
As it is though, it works pretty good.

We have no plans to merge then at this time, but will be looking at making a number of changes when we go through our big software upgrade in a few weeks.

STAY TUNED. :D

I think that some posts are in the wrong forum but it is probably better to just think before you choosea forum rather than to lump several forums together.

I like them separate..I generally start in HD and then up to the general forum

We have no plans to merge then at this time, but will be looking at making a number of changes when we go through our big software upgrade in a few weeks.

Or, in Dish-speak, "SOON!"...

(just keeding!)

I hardly ever look in the HD Forum. I check the Dish forum and if the newest thread seem intresting then I may look at it.

Why not make the Dish Forum for HD and have a seperate SD Forum(just flip flop them)?

I know for me personally, I would prefer to look in 1 forum, because right now, there is a mish-mosh of information in each, that if you don't look in both, you might miss some information. Basically, people are not starting threads in the correct forum, some good information is in the wrong place, and ALOT(good and bad) of info is duplicated in 2 places.

That was a more clearly stated expression of the situation, thanks !

Okay, how about this ?

It's not up to me to tell you what the Forum organization should look like.

But if the Dish Network Forums are reorganized in such a way that I don't have to look through two different Forums for the same threads on the same subject, then that saves me time... and since "time is money", that for me, would justify becoming a member of this site.

Currently, if I am interested - for example - in keeping up with what is being talked about in terms of "Possible New HD To Be Added This Week", then I have to check:

- The Uplink Center Forum
- Dish Network Forum
- Dish HD Discussions Forum (as if anyone is talking about SD in 2008)

Okay, I understand that you have the separate Uplink Center Forum as a marketing tool, but the 3 separate Dish Forums don't benefit anyone.

If Satellite Guys had the sort of overbearing, power-monger mods that grab any misplaced thread 10 seconds after it is posted, and moved it to the proper Forum, then 3 different Dish Forums might work.

But one of the attractions of Satellite Guys is that the staff are laid back, and generally let the discussions happen rather than imposing themselves. :up

So, please make less work for everyone by simplifying the Dish Network Forum structure.

kstuart,
Try using the "New Posts". Click "New Dish Network Posts". It will give you all the new dishnetwork posts since your last visit. The tools to do what you want already exist.

I am in agreement with kstuart on this. The greatest thing about this site is the laid back style of the mods/admins. But it is a downfall too.

What I think of when it comes to this situation is a thread I posted in the HD section of the Dish forums, about Oklahoma City HD Locals. I left it alone for quite awhile and no responses. So, I posted it in the main Dish forum and boom, I start getting reply's. What I gather from this, is that there is no reason to go to the HD sub-forum if all the information you need or want to gather about HD can be found in the main forum.

Bottom line, I love this site, but I really dont see a need for a seperate HD sub-forum.

Just my 2 cents...!

I am in agreement with kstuart on this. The greatest thing about this site is the laid back style of the mods/admins. But it is a downfall too.
I agree .... people frequently like to comment "we're not like those other sites" implying I don't know what. There's NOTHING wrong with rules, guidelines, and structure though. Do other sites go too far ? Absolutely !

If you do a "Report post" on a thread in the wrong forum, it seems that dfergie and digi will move them, but the others seem not to ... or they have to ask the other staff what to do.

It's not up to me to tell you what the Forum organization should look like.

But if the Dish Network Forums are reorganized in such a way that I don't have to look through two different Forums for the same threads on the same subject, then that saves me time... and since "time is money", that for me, would justify becoming a member of this site.

Being a man of my word, I just became a member.

I was pleased with:

- Merging of Dish Network and Dish Network HD Forums.
- Moving Dish Network Uplink Forum to underneath Dish Network Forum, making it more convenient.
- Achieving consistent satellite emphasis by banning messages from avatars and signatures, which finally truly relegates them to the appropriate Forums, such as the Pit. :up

PS This old thread can be locked, I just wanted to quote my prior promise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts