Please recommend an OTA antenna for me....

VettePilot

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Garland, TX (Near Dallas)
Hey Everyone,

I am a current SD DirecTV customer and I am considering purchasing an HR10-250 HD-DVR. (since DirecTV doesn't broadcast ALL of the locals in HD over the dish) :mad:

I have looked up my information at AntennaWeb.org and here is a snap shot of the results:

hdtvlocals.png

I would like to mount an antenna in my attic (I have a two story house) to receive all of the Local HD channels. Since all of the channels are between 208 and 212 degrees on the compass orientation I assume I can use a Directional Antenna.

Could someone with a lot more knowledge about this subject please recommend an antenna that will work for my situation?

Look for a VHF/UHF antenna that boasts about a 40 - 50 mile UHF range. If you want to try a local pick-up and avoid shipping charges that can add up; go to Radio Shack and look for the folowing, but keep in mind with the superbowl right on us that stock might be very bad. These are in no particular order.

1st
Winegard HD8200P
Winegard PR7052
Channel Master CM3678

2nd
Winegard HD7084P
Winegard PR7042
Channel Master CM3019
Antennas Direct V21

Radio Shack

VU-190 XR | Catalog #: 15-2156
VU-120 XR | Catalog #: 15-2154
VU-90 XR | Catalog #: 15-2152
VU-75 XR | Catalog #: 15-2151

Don't let anyone talk you into a UHF only model for less money; WFAA-DT ABC (suberbowl) is VHF digital.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)