Please Review Of How To Extract UDF File From Factory Firmware Abs File

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
I have forgotten the steps of how to extract a udf. file from a factory firmware asb. file. The udf file that I have acess to is old, and would like to have an extracted udf file from the newest factory firmware abs file. Am I making sence.:)
Thanks

it was an openbox s10 program.
I had it from another site

Attachments

• openbox_firmware_tool_0.5.zip
    442.7 KB · Views: 562
Did a "Factory Reset" on the microHD which have the default firmware 2012-2-18, and userdb of 2013-6-26. I have just spent half a day scanning six satellites, the reason is because most of the TPs were missing, and if by chance a satellite had some TPs , they had the wrong TP number.

Had to insert/copy every TP in every satellite into the receiver, needless to say it was not fun. I have never experienced this problem before. I have no idea of how all the TPs got erased/deleted.

How can I keep all of the Satellites TPs changes that I have just made. I do not want to loose all of the information or changes that I have made today. I know that when a "Factory Reset" is performed, you will loose some data and information....What steps do I need to do in order for this to not happen again.

My question again, is how do you extract a UFD file, data, firmware or whatever the proper term is, from a factory firmware...In other words, I would like to keep intacted if possible all the satellites, TPs, and channels that I have just spent a long time inputting into the receiver.....What software or program is the required one to do this task, and please provide some information on how to do the extraction of the udf function from the factory reset. I am sure that the answer is a simple one, but I have no clue of what to do...Does this makes sense or am I confusing the question.

Than You.

with my openbox I used to open the full .abs file in alieditor and edit the user database, then "save as"
user database AND default database so both were equal.Load back to receiver and when you do a factory reset you don't lose anything.I don't have a micro so I can't try it on that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)