plex and a roku

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
What's the scoop with plex and the roku? I installed it on my computer and on the roku then installed a few channels, supported and not supported. Is this a trial? Will I have to pay fo the roku plex channel after a certain amount of time? Is there any way to get the roku working better with things like navi-x? I'm either getting file unsupported messages or frequent buffering. Are their channels you would recommend that work well?

Try running Ethernet between the roku and the server..might be the wireless connwction

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Are you having trouble playing any channel with Plex or just the sketchier ones? How about local content on the 'puter you installed Plex Media Server on?

I had trouble with almost everything a while ago. Had to reboot the Roku and all is mostly good. But some channels don't stream all that well, and I think the problem is on their end.

Hard to say. I'm still tinkering with it. Tonight was the nbc channel and I learned how to crank up the resolution. Too bad it wouldn't remember what revolution I want video to video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts