plz help explain 811 1080/720

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nark

Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Ok Im at a loss. .. I have a new toshiba 30hfx84, Im running component out of the 811. When I uptick the 811 out from 480p to either 720 or 1080 I get a 1/4 inch shimmer on the right hand border of the hd broadcast...I went out and bought the rip off monster dvi/hdmi cable and the shimmer is gone now-so Im happy as pie the rip offs got rid of the shimmer completely-why?

Also why when my 811 is set to 720 or 1080 and I goto my tv hdmi input settings I get no screen reaction when I switch from 540 to 1080? But when the 811 is set to 480p I do get the screen change when I switch the tv input from 540 to 1080?

This is learn as you go-the problem is Im getting changes for the better and getting things working great but I dont know why-if only the 811 was as easy as setting my OTA

the rip offs got rid of the shimmer completely
It sounds like your cables weren't that good quality wise until you got the monster cables. The problem here is bandwidth. In increasing order, it goes 480i 480p 720p 1080i (actually I think 1080i is less than 720p, I have it here somewhere) so your other cables couldn't handle past 480p too well.

Also why when my 811 is set to 720 or 1080 and I goto my tv hdmi input settings I get no screen reaction when I switch from 540 to 1080? But when the 811 is set to 480p I do get the screen change when I switch the tv input from 540 to 1080?
I'm going to guess that your tv is not going to attempt 540 when it's receiving something bigger, i.e. 720 or 1080. Most likely it's actually in 1080 mode and ignoring what you do. There's probably a "display" or "info" button that will tell you what the actual current display mode is. Like I said though, this is only a guess.

If it turns out I'm wrong and/or no one else has any help for you, then I'd recommend the Home Theater Spot Website. They've got tv manufacturers forums, just like this board has satellite manufacturers forums. You'll probably find someone over there with your same set if no one here does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts