Pocketdish and 522

leodalion

Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Does anyone have info on the "alleged" update that will allow the Pocketdish to work with other recievers besides the 942 - I find many references to it coming out soon? Also, exactly will happen if I try to use a pocketdish with the 522 as is?

Thanks,

Leo

Follow-up

Well, for those who are interested here is an update. I spoke with Dish tech support who claimed that it was an Archos issue as the software update was coming from them. They advised that I call Archos. Archos tech support (who seemed a hell of lot more knowledgeable then Dish) said that "no, in fact the download you need must come from Dish into the reciever and it has not yet been determined exactly what recievers will get the update or when" He suggested that I call back Dish and bug them for an ETA on the update.

Am I the only one out here that can't believe that Dish came out with a $600 dollar piece of hardware that will only work with one (1) of their models (and a $700 model at that)? What could possibly be the entire market for this product - 20 units?????? I sure am glad that I don't own stock in them.

Any inside info on the ETA for the download would be greatly appreciated!!!

I wondered about the same thing too, and I posted a thread about that too. I absolutely don't see any sense in what they're doing. They invest tons of money in something like the pocket dish, then wanting to sell them for a whole bunch of money, yet they're only usable with one kind of many of their receivers and then wonder why they're not selling that good. Well there's not enough people that can, and also a bunch of people that would like to but can't. This is all senseless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts