Pocketdish problems with 622

burgranger

Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
When I try to transfer shows to the pocketdish AV500E they will not transfer. The pocketdish will accept files from my computer (mp3's etc).

Is there something I am doing wrong? This worked great for almost 1.5 yrs. I went thru and reformatted the pocketdish, updated the firmware and still not working.

I am not trying to transfer anything that has DRM, mainly just kids shows.

Obvious questions:

1. Is the program SD or HD. Only SD can go onto a PocketDish.

2. Have you ever transfered shows from THIS 622 to THIS PocketDish?

3. Have you tried to copy any other show since this occurred? Can you now not copy anything from your 622 or is it just this one show?

4. Do you have the latest software drivers on the PocketDish?

I haven't transferred anything in at least a couple of months, but mine worked just fine from a 622 to an AVE700. I did receive the recent update though, so I'll try to check tonight and let you know if I have any problems.

Yes I have tried using this pocketdish with this 622 and the program is SD without DRM.

I guess it does not matter now because Archos is repairing mine under warranty. I hope it works when they send it back.

Sorry, I hadn't used mine in so long the battery was dead. Plus, mine was supposed to have been fixed by Archos, but I seem to be having the same problems I had before I sent it in. I tried it a couple of times when they returned it, but didn't really "use" it. I hope this is short term, and I'll post next week.