Point of view for CSR/TSR from other countries?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
INCOMPETENT

That's how I would sum up the ousourced call center/customer support with Dish..
They used to offer one of the best customer support before the recent cost-down move..

I had DVR Advantage+HD Ultimate and switched to HD Absolute (got a US call center rep who told me to do so before July 31st, lucky me)
However, I logged to my acct tonight and find out my statement preference has been switched from paperless to standard mail..
Affraid this will effect cinemax for a penny deal I had, I called dish and guess what, I got one of those oversea CSR who is totally lost and I got disconnected on 2 different occasion..
All I did was ask to be put back to paperless and ask them to find out why my statement perference was changed w/o my knowledge..I also asked if this will affect my cinemax for a penny deal..
Unfortnately, they couldn't give me an answer at all and kept telling me there is no record there is no note etc etc..

I see the PC police have arrived and started calling people racist.

LOL!

Here is a truly racist occurance in Customer Service. Australian CentreLink, which is the citizens point of contact for all kinds of government services, hired Austarlian Aboriginies to pass out checks to Australian Aboriginies, because the Abo citizens recieving benefits via CentreLink felt uncomfortable taking money from white European Australians. Mind you they didnt mind taking the money, but rather having to physically accept it from an Australian with a white face.

What a hoot!

Now having said that, anybody with half a brain, can understand that people from different cultures and that look and speak differently arent going to be as good of communicators and customer service providers as locals with services such as these.

Bringing in a bunch of Americans to sell subscription TV services to Latin Americans or Eastern Europeans wont be as effective as hiring and training local sales staff.

Is there any argument against this?

Last edited:
The new gateway 'Standards & Practices', was very well put, Scott... thoughtful, thorough, and to the point. Thank you and staff for going the extra mile, as it goes a long way in an attempt to maintain a respectful environment... I don't believe, people quite understand how significant SatGuys is, as it is constantly being 'spidered', and just how quickly (can be a matter of minutes) comments become public knowledge, for all the world to see, through 'Google', etc...

Yes, and I do believe that the racist charge is much overused, so much so that the charge is losing its potency. Its just another tactic used to shut down debate and the free exchange of ideas. Another tactic by the Western Left to disempower Western culture, and empower the Third World, the new substitute proletariat. These are very important worldwide political movements with serious far reaching importance for their massive probable and potential geopolitical effects presently and in the future. They arent belligerant rants of an ignorant hater.

But enough of politics. I say, this is a technical forum about all things Dish Network. And the topic is bad customer service.

Last edited:
Yes, and I do believe that the racist charge is much overused, so much so that the charge is losing its potency. Its just another tactic used to shut down debate and the free exchange of ideas. Another tactic by the Western Left to disempower Western culture, and empower the Third World, the new substitute proletariat. These are very important worldwide political movements with far reaching importance for their massive probable and potential effect on likely future events. They arent belligerant rants of an ignorant hater.

But enough of politics. I say, this is a technical forum about all things Dish Network. And the topic is bad customer service.

I'd like to touch on an aspect... Consider, if you will, if only for a moment... just how insignificant we are, here on Earth, when you take into account, the endless vastness of outer space, and the seemingly infinite number of planets that exists... the potential of other life forms... it can make one see the world, inconsequential, and so very miniscule, that one cannot consider, other than, we are one, struggling to survive (as family), as opposed to an isolationist's posturing.

This just isn't a leftist's ideology, it's one born of simple awe. You'll find people of all walks of life, and party affiliation, that will attest to similar considerations. Just look at the adverts for, ' We Can Solve It '... you've seen them... it's all of us, conservative - liberal, and everything in between, as it represents us all.

I'm neither left or right. I pick and choose people who I feel will do the best job, not based solely on party affiliation nor celebrity status. I personally need to know, who has the best interests of our country in mind - the world, my children, the future, as well as the credentials, to do a job, the right way.

Much of electoral process simply appears as a crap shoot, as politicians simply tell us all, exactly what we all want to hear. It's once in office, what they actually do, that provides us with a running record of their nobility, their word.

Both sides of the isle are littered with corruption and opulence... no matter what the cause, there's just too much division.

Yes, the United States of America is our home.

But the Earth is home, to all of us. It is so utterly insignificant, in its miniscule, meaningless being, in comparison to what's really out there - surounds us, and is beaconing us.

I just can't find any place for racism, in such a seemingly insignificant place. We all need one another.

So now the question... are we mature enough to put our diferences aside and do what is best, for one and all?

So now the question... are we mature enough to put our diferences aside and do what is best, for one and all?

But you would put your family first before a stranger, right?

I put my family first, and I see my entire race as an extended family. It's not about hatred of others. I would take care of my race before all others. Just as you would take care of your family before all others. If your child was dying of thirst, and some stranger's child was dying of thirst, and you only had enough water for one of them, who's it gonna be?

It could be your perspective, but I found such remarks, in this string, extremely offensive...

'Apoo' (referring to a CSR in a demeaning manor).

Do you like and use terms such as, 'white-trash', spik, wet-back, whap, chinc, ni***r... etc? Are you really American? Were you and your family, always American?

Interestingly enough, Apu (the correct spelling) is a real Sanskrit (Indian) name.

So in your example it would be more like being called "Joe" rather than White Trash. spic, wet back, etc.

In case anyone really cares....

I put my family first, and I see my entire race as an extended family. It's not about hatred of others. I would take care of my race before all others. Just as you would take care of your family before all others. If your child was dying of thirst, and some stranger's child was dying of thirst, and you only had enough water for one of them, who's it gonna be?

Of course, I would put the needs of my family first, but my extended family exceeds the boundaries of my, so called race... my bloodlines contain every aspect of mankind, and I keep that in consideration, at all times... We all had to start from somewhere...

I know its rather corny, and I'm paraphrasing, here... but there's a line from StarTrek, that has always stuck in my mind, as a kid, and adult...

"The needs of the many, out weights the needs of the few/one."

When we see heroism, selfless giving, people sacrificing their lives for other's, that's what I feel... I would gladly sacrifice my life, in exchange for the many... Don't get me wrong, I'm in no rush to die! But if the situation were to ever arise... given the situation... one must maintain the truth, if you are to serve our nation, and all of mankind... One just hopes, if it does happen, it will be for all the right reasons... My comrades, veteran's all, it was the only way we knew how to roll.

WE won't always be able to make decisions based on what is right, fair, and righteous, at all times, but we must consider our overall impact, upon all... it can, and will touch many...

One would hope, we would never, ever be called upon to make such a decision, in regards to our children, our family, friends, nation, comrades in arms, and the world, but would hope, when called upon — it will be, the right decision...

Last edited:

And what is your ethnic background?

By race do you mean white, black, red or yellow?

Do you wear a hood at the cross burnings or do you go topless?

Do you have a little mustache like Hitler?

If I am part of your extended family, I would like to be disowned. It is people like that are an embarrassment to their race.

since the thread has veered off course (way off course) and pretty much turned into a pissing match (dont get me wrong there are a couple good posts but the rest became political etc) we're closing it

Thanks for the understanding :)

THANKS FOR YOUR POINT OF VIEWS! but do some tech support helped you well? like the one from the Phillipines?

I had a CSR from the Phillipines with Dell that was the best. I was returning a computer in exchange for a different one. She called me back at least 5 times to verify that everything was good. UPS messed up and she checked back multiple time plus email to make sure I was a happy customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)