Point of view for CSR/TSR from other countries?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a similar problem with a woman hitting on me from India. It was so disgusting.

i had an OBVIOUSLY gay CSR rep from the phillipines hit on me during a call. with, "Do you have a girl friend? why dont you come to the phillipines sometime?" etc... i was trying to be polite as possible but in the end i had to just say, "dude, you're barking up the wrong tree, how bout you fix my issue and let me get off this damn phone"

dude was a total queen.

Careful... many of you are expressing racist undertones... none of us are Americans, per se... other than indigenous peoples, we all came from somewhere else... stop, and think, before you say something stupid, or another word, that will hurt another individual.

The person asked an honest question... be respectful. He was offered a job... he took it to provide... don't be a racists jackass.

Of course we all want CSRs/TSRs from the US... Charlie elects to run things under very cost effective measures... example, the average DirecTV customer pay around $85 per month, while the average Dish customer pays around $65 per month. Dish also continues (at present) to out perform DirecTV's stock. Why... Charlie runs a very tight ship, and negotiates to the bone. That's why he's the 34th richest man in the world, valued somewhere around, $9.1 billion dollars (BTW, I'm no fanboy of him, his actions, and intellectual copyright infringements, and his constant business model... sue someone into the stone-age, even when you're wrong, is inhumane, and socially irresponsible).

Do I agree with all his practices... no. Outsourcing undermines the US economy... if you outsource everything, subcontract all your positions in avoidance of healthcare, workman's comp, taxes, etc... then who has a job, who pays taxes, who has affordable healthcare, who makes a livable income, and most importantly, who will purchase your products?

Secondly, how can an off-shore TSR evaluate reception issues, understand the complexity of the STB, etc, when they don't use the service themselves, as previously mentioned?

In the case of Dish, investors expect consistent growth, year after year... This is, without question, unsustainable. Eventually, one reaches saturation, and the economy will dictate growth, as well.

The competition stands clear, strong, and is growing... cable, FOiS, FOiS to Copper (AT&T U-verse), etc... and all of them offer a broad range of one stop services... video content, PPV, VoIp phone, internet, etc...

Satellite, once embraced the concept of total inclusion, but found it a.) not cost effective, and b.) lag times interfered w/verbal communications as well as live interactive video and internet, etc...

Now, in all honest retrospect... those who's primary language is Tagalog (Tagalong) (Filipino), I find most comprehensible, why...

Filipino is the principal language of the national television and radio news media in the Philippines. Newspapers are almost completely in English. It is the primary language of public education. As Filipino, it is, along with English, a co-official language and the sole national language.

Now, before you point fingers, I am an Irish immigrant, third generation. I may consider myself to be American, but I am not indigenous, by any means.

If we're to deal with foreign call centers, and I'd rather not, keeping American's in American jobs, but If I had to... I'd rather deal with a Filipino... at least they can understand me, and I, them. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Eastern Asian call centers, no disrespect intended.

Last edited:
Careful... many of you are expressing racist undertones... none of us are Americans, per se... other than indigenous peoples, we all came from somewhere else... stop, and think, before you say something stupid, or another word, that will hurt another individual.

The person asked an honest question... be respectful. He was offered a job... he took it to provide... don't be a racists jackass.

Not sure how you construe any of these comments as racist.:confused:

Foreign Call centers SUCK period! IF DISH wants to improve it's image in this country then that should be the first thing they rectify. All csrs should speak ENGLISH as their first language. I don't need Apoo trying to talk to me when I have a serious billing issue or like last week, a lost replacement receiver that I got charged 425.00 for . IF I wanted to go on a tour of the united nations I would book a flight to New York . I only want an AMERICAN who speaks english. Interestingly I had to fight to get to an AMERICAN, who then rectified my overcharge situation quickly. Save all receipts and ra numbers and ups logs to varify that you did indeed send your old receiver back in the box DISH sent with your new replacement receiver.

That's just one... there are many others...

That's just one... there are many others...

Sorry, I see no racism in that quote. He's simply stating that American csr's are easier to deal with than foreign. I'm don't get how a dislike of being connected to E* foreign csr's is racist.:confused:

"I don't need Apoo trying to talk to me ... "
"I only want an American"

I cannot believe that you cannot understand why that would be considered racist.

I understand and agree that I would only want an English Speaking (easily understandable) person answering telephone calls .. but to only want an "American" answering calls is discriminating based on Nationality .. and is therefore Racism.

Sorry, I see no racism in that quote. He's simply stating that American csr's are easier to deal with than foreign. I'm don't get how a dislike of being connected to E* foreign csr's is racist.:confused:

It could be your perspective, but I found such remarks, in this string, extremely offensive...

'Apoo' (referring to a CSR in a demeaning manor).

Do you like and use terms such as, 'white-trash', spik, wet-back, whap, chinc, ni***r... etc? Are you really American? Were you and your family, always American?

Do you have any idea what people think of us when 'Jerry Springer', and the his cronies are sold and rebroadcast, at times, unedited (no censorship) throughout the world? People in the UK think, for the most part, we're nothing but, trailer trash. Believe it or not, such programs are immensely popular in international markets.

It goes both ways...

The vast majority of the world views us with utter disrespect and disapproval, and we've earned much of that, through both actions, and inactions. We all have our own spin on the world, but using such racial slurs, impacts others, and is uncalled for. Religion, and racism... exactly what causes strife throughout the world.

We can use better language, that's less offensive, to get our point across.

Its not being PC, it's simply being respectful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather not have a US csr - US tech support yes, but US csrs are usually fairly ignorant and disinterested. To avoid spoken language issues, I allows use the online chat. Its a very helpful tool.

"I don't need Apoo trying to talk to me ... "
"I only want an American"

I cannot believe that you cannot understand why that would be considered racist.

I understand and agree that I would only want an English Speaking (easily understandable) person answering telephone calls .. but to only want an "American" answering calls is discriminating based on Nationality .. and is therefore Racism.

We do have all kinds of "Americans" that are of different races don't we? So why assume his remarks to be racist.

My main point is to say it's racist is a bit overboard. Inappropriate, maybe.

Is it just me or do some of the above posters, that have joined in the last few months, seem to be echoing politcal campaign retoric?

Is it just me or do some of the above posters, that have joined in the last few months, seem to be echoing politcal campaign retoric?

:rolleyes:

:yawn:

You obviously have your own agenda ..

If you don't support dish - you are encouraging the terrorists ...

Ignorance is bliss, Tap... I've been around far, far longer than you... you're just plain naive; place you in your mid to late teens, early twenties... at best.

Read, learn, take classes, be responsible, and enjoy life... once its over, its over. What we have, is all there is... when its gone, its gone... good luck

Well, I'm racist and proud of it, FCom911, so deal with it.

Well, you leave no question, as to your belief's, now, do you...?

I don't have to deal with it, you do... as everyone on this forum, who reads your statement, is now, very much aware, of just who you really are, and what you represent.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)