pointing at 61.5 & 72.7 with 1000.4 WA dish

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
I am trying to point at satellites 61.5 and 72.7 with a 1000.4 western arc dish, I know that you can point at those SATs with a dish 500, I think I also heard you can with a dish 1000.4, so how would I do that? Cover the 110 & 129 and put the dish scew at 90 and aim for 61.5 with the 119 lnb and lock 61.5 and uncover one of the others and screw for 72.7? If so which lnb would be used for the 72.7?

You'd be better off getting an eastern arc LNBF for your 1K4. It's an easy swap, just two screws and swapping the coax. The spacing is completely different than the western arc LNBF.

I searched for a EA lnbf for it, don't seem like I found any for it, I found many for the 1000.2 but from what I read the lnbs are not exchanable between a 1000.2 and 1000.4

I went back and searched again and did see some, I could have swore the 1000.4 EA's were hard to find, maybe it was something else, but I'm still gonna try to aim this WA if it works to save from having to spend $40+ extra

With enough luck you might be able to get that WA dish lined to get one or the other of 61.5 or 72.7 but never both at the same time. The WA lnb spacing is not the same as for the EA. Suggest that you search craigslist for a free or cheap used EA dish and then either swap the lnb's or the whole dish. If that is not possible for you then you will need to purchase an EA lnb.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I went back and searched again and did see some, I could have swore the 1000.4 EA's were hard to find, maybe it was something else, but I'm still gonna try to aim this WA if it works to save from having to spend $40+ extra
How valuable is your time? How important is quality of reception?

Reactions: Bobby
I bought a EA LNB, having a little trouble getting on 72.7, I keep hitting 61.5 with the middle LNB (with 61.5 & 77 covered with foil), I never did find 72.7, I had to put the WA LNB back on after spending so long trying for the EA sats, took 3 minutes to get those WA's so I know I'm doing it right as I did it many many times, but having trouble getting those EA's for some reason.

I bought a EA LNB, having a little trouble getting on 72.7, I keep hitting 61.5 with the middle LNB (with 61.5 & 77 covered with foil), I never did find 72.7, I had to put the WA LNB back on after spending so long trying for the EA sats, took 3 minutes to get those WA's so I know I'm doing it right as I did it many many times, but having trouble getting those EA's for some reason.
What are you using to dial in that dish?

The Receiver?

If you are finding 61.5 with the 72.7 LNB that usually is a slight elevation adjustment then east or west movement till you hit the satellite.

What are you using to dial in that dish?

The Receiver?
The receiver and a digital signal meter.

If you are finding 61.5 with the 72.7 LNB that usually is a slight elevation adjustment then east or west movement till you hit the satellite.

I kinda figured there might be, I loosened the elevation nuts and panned it freely and never found anything else, I'll probably try again today after the inauguration goes off.

Did you reset your scew from 90 in your first post?

I put it on 90 to find that sat easier, like the equivalent of finding 119 on WA. 72.7 is the middle lnb correct?

You're making a pretty simple task awfully complicated. Set your skew and elevation according to your location, then rotate dish to tune to Sat 72. If you fine tune to Sat 72, then Sat 61 will be fine. Sat 77 will also be good to go. No need to cover any lnb's with foil. I've done it many times in about ten minutes.

I did to that to begin with that is how I ended up getting 61.5, unfortunately that was on the 72.7 lnb, I did that before I tried it on 90 with outer lnbs covered, I went by the manual, those coordinates seem to be off, and the mast is plum, I triple checked that

Well I now know what is wrong with this new setup with the eastern arc LNB, its for the 1000.4, I am thinking I have the 1000.2 because I went back to the website I bought the system from originally in 2012, it appears that they only sell 1000.2's, I could have swore he told me he was sending a 1k4 so there is where I stand, I have to buy another stupid LNB for EA for this stupid 1k2. That is also why I was able to get the WA's no problem when giving up and putting the old LNB back on. Crap like this always happens to me for some reason..lol

I looked at photos and posts of what other ppl found out, like the two top bolts on the reflector being further apart on the 1k4, also it has a elevation rod and mine doesn't, I'm going to research a little on the numbers on the lnb's to be 100% sure, right now im 99.9999999999%...lol

Reactions: papachops
Well I now know what is wrong with this new setup with the eastern arc LNB, its for the 1000.4, I am thinking I have the 1000.2 because I went back to the website I bought the system from originally in 2012, it appears that they only sell 1000.2's, I could have swore he told me he was sending a 1k4 so there is where I stand, I have to buy another stupid LNB for EA for this stupid 1k2.
Since you already have the 1000.4 LNB, why not just buy the 1000.4 reflector to go with it? I seem to remember that the LNB is usually the most expensive part of the dish, so it should be cheaper to buy the reflector for the LNB you already have.

I looked around for one on eBay without an lnb, I seen the lnbs themselves, the mount that the reflector goes on, or the whole system which was really up there in price. The EA arc lnb for the 1000.2 really wasn't that hard to find cheap, it was cheaper than the 1000.4, that's for sure

OK I got my dual horn turbohd lnb for the 1000.2 is tp 5 & 9 still the peaking transponders? That is what was in the manual but that manual is 7 years old

Edit: OK, on dish point screen I have it set to 72 but its telling me wrong sat (61.5), I set the screw, elevation to my zip, how could it be wrong? Both of those SATs can't be at the same elevation. 72.7 is port 1&3 I'm on port 1 I'm pretty sure

Last edited: