Pointing Dish for local channels in SW Virginia

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikemcreynolds

Original poster
May 31, 2009
Southwest Virginia
Where do I point the dish to receive local channels on a round dish in Southwest Virginia? Azimuth and angle?
I've read something about 72.5 on other sites but nowhere, even on directv's site, have I found clear settings for local reception; nothing appears on the receiver either. I'm receiving regular programming quite well, most houses in this rural area have 2 dishes, one for local. I self install and don't know where to point my local dish. Thanks for any help.

what market? Tri-Cities?

what dish do you have right now? If you have just the single LNB dish then its possible your locals are on 72.5 (Lyngsat shows that but the Direct site doesn't)

D site shows that "some local channels require a MPEG4 receiver" so there are a couple options to go with. SInce you mention the neighbors have 2 dishes you would need a 2nd dish at 72.5 and a 22k multiswitch (or a 4x4 multiswitch depending on how many receivers you have)

or just call D* and ask..they might have an upgrade offer because checking their site the locals are in HD too (the big 4)

To the OP - You DO know that those locals ARE in the process of migrating (dual-feed) to MPEG4 already, & that 2nd dish will NOT work after around the end of this year anyway...

As Ice told you, you be MUCH better off calling D* & letting them upgrade everything for FREE themselves... ;) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts