Pointing dish HD for vip211z reciever

IMG_20191115_130259167.jpg
so from what I understand the middle is 119 no matter what and then the one in this picture that is to the right would be for 129 anyone to the left would be for 110. Is that wrong? If so I guess I'll blame it on this stupid app that I'm using LOL

Sorry the images just now posted. It doesn't make any sense what you said because when I am standing behind my satellite and I'm locked on to 119 I can point it more to the east and a little further north and get to 110. What you said is basically the opposite. I'm not trying to argue or anyting I'm just saying with what I thought I knew and according to the screenshot I just posted where the satellites are in the sky what you are saying doesn't make any sense to me

The signals from the satellites hit the concave surface of the dish and are bounced back up to the feedhorn and LNB's at a diagonal angle.

I found this site thru Google lol. I'm still confused and no one has answered yet. If I look up in the sky towards the satellites are they not from left to right 110 then moving further right 119 then moving further right 129? But then according to what you are saying my satellite on the ground is the opposite of that. Am I understanding that right?

Reactions: HIFI
OK well I need to get the correct dish first or lnb. So why do the satellite signals that are coming down cross? That part still doesn't make sense to me

So why do the satellite signals that are coming down cross? That part still doesn't make sense to me

They cross because the LNBs are pointed backward at the dish which is more centered on 119 than the other two orbitals. Think of what happens when you look at a mirror from an angle. Do you see yourself in the center of the mirror, or off to one side, or not at all?

View attachment 141718so from what I understand the middle is 119 no matter what and then the one in this picture that is to the right would be for 129 anyone to the left would be for 110. Is that wrong? If so I guess I'll blame it on this stupid app that I'm using LOL
That's an Eastern Arc LNBF. THAT'S why you're not hitting anything. That LNB is for the 61, 72 and 77

Ahhhhhhhh I see says the blind man. OK so if I'm hearing yall right, standing behind the dish, if I'm getting 119 on the far left lnb, I need to rotate to the right(west) instead of to the left? Am I understanding that correctly? Sorry and thanks for all the responses!

Ahhhhhhhh I see says the blind man. OK so if I'm hearing yall right, standing behind the dish, if I'm getting 119 on the far left lnb, I need to rotate to the right(west) instead of to the left? Am I understanding that correctly? Sorry and thanks for all the responses!

OK well I need to get the correct dish first or lnb. So why do the satellite signals that are coming down cross? That part still doesn't make sense to me
The reflector is a mirror image of the signals. In a mirror, left is right and right is left and writing is backwards. That's why it's called a reflector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)