Pointing Dish300 to 61.5

abukarim

Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
Dear All,

I need your help on pointing my dish300 to 61.5. Based on my zip code, the Az is 134 deg and Elv 29 deg. My balcony is facing SE would that work? I installed the dish but was not able to receive any signal. Am I facing the worng direction? Please advice.

Thanks.

Dear All,

I need your help on pointing my dish300 to 61.5. Based on my zip code, the Az is 134 deg and Elv 29 deg. My balcony is facing SE would that work? I installed the dish but was not able to receive any signal. Am I facing the worng direction? Please advice.

Thanks.
Based on your AZ, it appears that you are pointing in the right direction. It will be difficult to hit 134 without a compass. You can do it, but it takes a lot of luck and patience. Also, make sure your dish is plumb, level straight up and down. If it is not plumb, you can be right on target and not pick it up. Hope this helps.

No. I don't have compass. But I was confused by the Dishnetwork people when I called them on the 800 no. They confirmed that based on my zip code 55379, the dish will be facing SW. Any clarification will help

No. I don't have compass. But I was confused by the Dishnetwork people when I called them on the 800 no. They confirmed that based on my zip code 55379, the dish will be facing SW. Any clarification will help
Whoever told you that is wrong. I live in NC and the 61.5 is slightly SE of me. So it would also be SE from you, even more so.

I was wondering if I can get by without a compass. I looked it up on dishpoint with google and I think that it faces SE. Thank you so much guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts