Stump the masters..

digital echo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Earth
I have a stump the masters question. Say you have a dpp triple feeding a 722 (119 110 129) and a dp 21 switch (61.5 72.7 or 77) switch feeding two sep wing dishes. That dp 21 switch going into the input of the triple. Could your check switch read all 5 sats?

Last edited:
I believe it will as dish engineers have built the receivers to see up to 8 sats and every possible switch configuration based on some checkswitchs with bad switches that Ive seen from my time installing. Before a combo such as a sw64 and sw21 was ever aproved by the company( though a variation is used with two 64's and a handfull of 21's and power passing splitters for commercial settings ) we were doing it out of our office and the same goes for the dp34/dp21. Some members here have done some successful frankenstien work here with switches and modified superdishes over the years.

The only cascade solutions I'm aware of use the xx21 switch downstream from another multi-sat switch in order to add one more satellite.

The DP21 passes just one of its inputs to its output. If you used one to feed say 61.5 and 77 to the 1000.2's input, and you have a receiver viewing 61.5, what happens when another receiver wants 77?

You might be able to run a 4th satellite into the 1k2 input, then add a DP21 to a 1k2 output to add the 5th. The DP21 is not a Plus switch so if this is for a dual-tuner receiver it will take 2 out the receiver outputs with 2 runs of RG6 and 2 DP21s. Has anyone tried a 1000.2/DP21 cascade for 5 satellites?

I am going to try it just to try it, kind of a dork like that..lol I was also told you would have to run a check switch first. Then add in the dp21 switch..

The one I tried was outputs from a DPP44 into one side of a pair of DP21s. That worked for a while, haven't tried again recently.

I don't think the DP21 could pass the power necessary to power a 1000.2 with another wing dish on it (it probably can't power a 1000.2 without a wing attached at that). You would have to power the 1000.2 another way. You could probably use ports 1&2 for 2 different DP21s then put a power inserter (or a single tuner that doesn't need to see the 5th orbital) only on port 3. Then tie the 5th sat into the two DP21s. Two lines from the 2 DP21s to the 722. Definitely not a spec hookup, but it might work.

The DP21 passes just one of its inputs to its output. If you used one to feed say 61.5 and 77 to the 1000.2's input, and you have a receiver viewing 61.5, what happens when another receiver wants 77?

I think what you've pointed out here is the exact reason why this cannot work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)