Pointing to 91W and 74W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zinco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Canada
Hi guys,

I'm not entering the 2nd phase of adding more birds to my 2nd dish. This time it'll be 91W and 74W. These birds do not have any permanent channels to use as reference when getting a fix. For instance, 103W has the Huntington Beach Livecams and 89W has ABC News Now that can be used a Reference.

What to do in this case?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I'm not entering the 2nd phase of adding more birds to my 2nd dish. This time it'll be 91W and 74W. These birds do not have any permanent channels to use as reference when getting a fix. For instance, 103W has the Huntington Beach Livecams and 89W has ABC News Now that can be used a Reference.

What to do in this case?

Thanks.

These are good sats to scan often for feeds. Just go to your 89w that you have and while watching the picture bump the dish west till the 89 signal just drops off. Blind scan at that spot, there is usually one or two up at a given time, then peak and lock it in. For 74 try for 72w if you don't already have it. There is aways some NBC stuff up, maybe a blank screen but carrier aways there. Then do the same bump to find 74. Easy!

Thanks Pixl. This is gonna be a tough one. It's like shooting in the dark.

zinco said:
Thanks Pixl. This is gonna be a tough one. It's like shooting in the dark.

a challenge indeed. if you have a circular lnb it would probly help. id start by offsetting it east about one and a half lnb widths and then find 91. swap to a linear lnb and blind scan. i usually find something on 91 at some point in the late afternoon. peak on any found tps. then id mount an lnb about on lnb width to the west of center and blindscan. then tweak as necessary and cross my fingers my dish was big enuff. good luck.

crackt out,.

Nimiq 1 is at 91W, that is where ExpressVu broadcast from. You could always use a circular LNB to find the signal, and then swap it out to a linear LNB once you have found the position, and get Galaxy 17.

Hi guys,

What to do in this case?

Thanks.

for 91, try 12060 v 30000. Getting a booming signal on that one.

Thanks guys, It's really a good idea to use a circular then replace it. I also have the Invacom Quad Polar, but it's huge and heavy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)