Pointing With A Super Buddy 29....Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
I picked up a couple of used Super Buddy 29's awhile back and just hooked one up tonight on my dish with a hybrid head. I didn't really mess with toggling through the different transponders. Do I need to do that? I basically just plumbed up the mast, hooked up the Super Buddy and away I went. See images below for signal strength. Does my signal strength look good? Do I need to toggle through the various transponders, or just leave it on the default transponder that the Super Buddy displays? Appreciate any insight.

Pics aren't great since I took them at night.

2zCpaT2l.jpg

eDldo23l.jpg

e5vhpGel.jpg

I picked up a couple of used Super Buddy 29's awhile back and just hooked one up tonight on my dish with a hybrid head. I didn't really mess with toggling through the different transponders. Do I need to do that? I basically just plumbed up the mast, hooked up the Super Buddy and away I went. See images below for signal strength. Does my signal strength look good? Do I need to toggle through the various transponders, or just leave it on the default transponder that the Super Buddy displays? Appreciate any insight.

Pics aren't great since I took them at night.

2zCpaT2l.jpg

eDldo23l.jpg

e5vhpGel.jpg
That's right where you ant the signal. You don't need to use any other transponders than the default as you go through the Sats. I would download the Updater and grab a Firewire cable and update the software on that

I picked up a couple of used Super Buddy 29's awhile back and just hooked one up tonight on my dish with a hybrid head . . . I basically just plumbed up the mast, hooked up the Super Buddy and away I went . . . Does my signal strength look good?
Yeah, it can be that simple, but sometimes (especially when your aiming is in doubt), press ID to make sure sat 110 is 110 and so on.

And, yes, those are really good signal strengths.

Great meter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts