What I’d like to see for hopper 4

Kirk1233

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I wish they’d release a server type box connected to the sat, and then you license how many TVs you want to connect to it. Would be nice if clients could be Roku, Apple TV, etc. that way all video content on your TV can use one box...

Amsterdams-Red-Light-District-1200x848.jpg

You upgrade to Hopper 4 you get $20 discount per month for next 2 years.
That is what I want... as I prob won't be around with Dish to even go to it with the way they are jacking prices lately.

You upgrade to Hopper 4 you get $20 discount per month for next 2 years.
That is what I want... as I prob won't be around with Dish to even go to it with the way they are jacking prices lately.
Lately? They have raised the price $5 a month for nearly every year of the 21 years that I have subbed. ;)

Actually, I expected a higher increase. But yes, it’s getting to be too much, as we are watching more and more free YouTube videos. Victorian farm. Edwardian Farm. Wartime Farm. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
Service providers are more interested in you using their equipment (with associated fees) than they are in building a box that would let you use someone else's hardware to view their content.

I dare say neither Dish, DirecTV, nor any cable companies will ever put out a "server" that allows us to connect via Roku, Apple Tv or any other companies multiple devices, the Amazon Fire Stick is just about all we are going to get.

The Hopper3 is about as close to your wishes as it will ever get - one connection at a time that is not Dish specific hardware. If they build a Hopper X that has more Fire Sick connections, they will probably charge a fee for those connections, so be careful what you ask for.

Lately? They have raised the price $5 a month for nearly every year of the 21 years that I have subbed. ;)

They didn't for most packages this much for many years...some they didn't adjust at all.
$5 may not seem much to many here but for most and someone already touched on it..those with fixed incomes can't handle it. The value/content isn't there like it used to be compared to other services.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Yeah that’s why in my initial post I said “license.”

I’d be more than willing to pay a license fee for each TV just to be able to use that one interface for all of my video content.

I’m close to going streaming anyway. Streaming video PQ is so much better. It stinks no 5.1 audio though.

Service providers are more interested in you using their equipment (with associated fees) than they are in building a box that would let you use someone else's hardware to view their content.

I dare say neither Dish, DirecTV, nor any cable companies will ever put out a "server" that allows us to connect via Roku, Apple Tv or any other companies multiple devices, the Amazon Fire Stick is just about all we are going to get.

The Hopper3 is about as close to your wishes as it will ever get - one connection at a time that is not Dish specific hardware. If they build a Hopper X that has more Fire Sick connections, they will probably charge a fee for those connections, so be careful what you ask for.

Comcast already does, you no longer need a box, so no box fees, but you do have Broadcast Fees, local sports fees, DVR fees, franchise fees, local tax fees and whatever we want to charge you fees.

These fees is what keeps me away from all live pay TV, if they want to charge me extra for certain channels that they include in the package advertisement, they should give me the option of not having them to avoid the fees.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm not at all certain there will be an H4. After announcing they will not be launching any new satellites, I expect Direct has also decided their latest batch of receivers will be their last. While Dish hasn't (yet) issued any announcements, I suspect they may be leaning toward a similar policy.

Is Dish still manufacturing the H3 or are they simply providing subs with refurbished ones? In other words, if I upgrade my HWS to an H3, what are my chances of getting a new one?

Reactions: dishdude
I'm not at all certain there will be an H4. After announcing they will not be launching any new satellites, I expect Direct has also decided their latest batch of receivers will be their last. While Dish hasn't (yet) issued any announcements, I suspect they may be leaning toward a similar policy.

Is Dish still manufacturing the H3 or are they simply providing subs with refurbished ones? In other words, if I upgrade my HWS to an H3, what are my chances of getting a new one?

We're getting mostly brand new ones. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)