Polarity Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
This is a question for Pete, but all of your opinions are valued.

Peter,

This is a C band problem. On G5 and G5 only I am having problems with the vertical transponders (even), they have a lot of sparklies and audio distortion, the horizontal (odd) come in as sharp as can be. My satellite guy and myself have tried every thing when can think of, but to no avail. We have moved the dish left and right on the pole, adjusted the up and down angle, moved the focal point on the LNB in and out, bump the dish left and right and have adjusted the polarity hook and nothing seems to cure this problem. All of the other satellites come in sharp on horizontal or vertical. We have been fighting this for about 10 months now and we have come to the conclusion that G5 is coming to the end of it's life and could be loosing power. It's been in service since about 1992.

Thanks

very possible

I noticed on SBS6 KU analog, the even TP's have sparklies in it. The odds are crystal clear too..

I am afraid I do not have C band yet : ( So I cant really add to Tony's input, but I am sure some other BUD user will chip in!

Diamond Jim said:
"Tony?" I like "Iceman" better, matches that coooooool look on his handsome face!

Thanks Pete.

Pete keeps breaking kayfabe (you wrestling fans know what that means) :)

The look on my face is what happens when someone asks how to hack

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)