Polarity with C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jluyt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Can anyone please explain to me how polarity is controlled on C-band? I know on my KU/DVB system the DICEQ switch controles it, but on c-band?

on most DVB systems polarity is controled by voltage through the coax

if your c-band lnbf can accept votage controlled polarity switching then the DVB receiver can do it....... on older c band lnb's ( using a corotor , polorotor ) then polarity switching is controled with the analog receiver using voltage( supplied by three wires) to control a servo on those type of feedhorns

there are only a few DVB receivers that can control the voltage on a corotor / polorotor type feedhorn.

The entire site at Geo-Orbit, not just this one page, is a wealth of BUD info.
But I think that link will get you a bit more info on the subject.

I like to tell folks to read the site 'till your eyes bleed, and then you'll know all the fundamentals. - :rolleyes:

There are typically 3 types of c-band lnb setup:

1) 1 x C-Band LNB with a polariser - polarity is controlled by a servo motor and the receiver
2) 1 x C-Band LNBf - polarity is controlled by voltage switching, typically 18volts and 13volts
3) 2 x C-Band LNBs on a dual feedhorn - 1 LNB is fixed on Ver the other on Hor - this setup requires either a receiver with dual LNB input or an LNB switch that is controlled in the same was as #2

13volts dc on the coax is Vertical
18volts dc on the coax is Horizontal (LNBF)

Normal oldschool feedhorn:
One coax going to an lnb or one c and one Ku lnb with 18-20 volts that never changes.
a small motor called a servo uses three wires from a receiver to physically move a little wire probe in the feedhorn from vertical to Horizontal or any degree in between (skew control).

Red wire +5 volts dc
Black wire Ground
White wire +5 volts dc pulse. (pulsed voltage output from receiver) frequency of voltage pulse determine where the motor moves and how far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)