polaroid 01601a

ediemash

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
lakeland,florida
has anyone bought one of these. i bought one my only concern is that the fan doesnt run as of yet called polaroid up and they say thats normal but i know their previous model ran constantly and i dont want anything over heat. so i f anyone has any experience with this model please let me know, the manual that comes with it doesnt even say anything about the fan , not size or dimension nothing.

i connected the digital to tuner to a pair rabbit ears i had around the house it picked up 13 channels a fox,4 pbs,ctn,wb channel and 4 ion channels.

i extented the rabbit ears to see if you get better reception and then all i picked up was the fox channel.

yep have had the hdtv for about 3 yrs now but just now getting around to getting a tuner, if i would have known all that is available on ota i would have gotten it sooner, the family actually thought the channels were cable channels, to actually have a 24hr weather channel locally was awesome to find.

I say that because a good UHF antenna, in most cases would give you more channels. What is your zip? Have you checked Antennaweb.org?

i did check with antennaweb, and it showed about 20 chan and it showed my area was mostly red and some blue. but im not for sure which is the best antenna to get.

In my personal opinion, the Channel Master 4228 mounted outside, IF all of your channels are UHF (95% in the USA are). At the right end of your Antennaweb listing, is frequency assignment. Make sure all are UHF, and all should be good with the CM 4228. Also, above your listings, check circle marked "Show Digital Stations Only".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts