Pole Adapter

Bob5519

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a 6 foot 1 5/8 inch o.d. ground pole that is 3 feet above and below ground. It is set in a foot and a half wide hole, so there is a lot of concrete in there. Very stable and plum. Currently using a Dish Net Turbo dish.

Considering going to Shaw Direct with the 75e dish. That uses a 2 inch o.d. pole. How stable is the SKY1101 1 5/8 to 2 inch adapter? What if two holes were drilled through both sides of the ground pole, and two more holes on the other side of the adapter, and clamping the adapter this way?

This would be a temporary solution until it gets warm enough in Ohio to install the 2inch o.d. ground pole.

I have a 6 foot 1 5/8 inch o.d. ground pole that is 3 feet above and below ground. It is set in a foot and a half wide hole, so there is a lot of concrete in there. Very stable and plum. Currently using a Dish Net Turbo dish.

Considering going to Shaw Direct with the 75e dish. That uses a 2 inch o.d. pole. How stable is the SKY1101 1 5/8 to 2 inch adapter? What if two holes were drilled through both sides of the ground pole, and two more holes on the other side of the adapter, and clamping the adapter this way?

This would be a temporary solution until it gets warm enough in Ohio to install the 2inch o.d. ground pole.
I guess a better alternative would be to slide the 2 inch pole over the 1 5/8. Bolt the two together and fill the inside with cement.

No need to fill it with cement.
If it is a temporary solution, just sleeve the pole using self tappers.
Then in the spring, pull the self tappers out and bury the pole properly.

To answer your question about the adapter, no where near as stable as sleeving the pole.
Although that adapter will fit over the pole (barely), you really can't tighten the bolts down without crimping the pipe. (athough you could shoot self tappers through it)
That adapter is really designed to go over a larger pole like an old prime star or C-ban.
When used like that it works brilliantly.

Last edited:
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar