pole mount question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shocker510

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Johnson City,Tennessee
I have 2 dishes i was wanting to mount to a steel water pipe. I bought some muffler clamps to mount the second dish on the pole and ran into a problem. The clamps are to wide for the two holes that are in the mounting foot. The water pipe is 1 5/8 and the clamps are 1 5/8 x 5/16. Is their a way to bend the u bolt to fit into the holes? The holes i'm referring to are the two sets that are close together.

well, a MSP OR A HSP tech would have the correct clamps.

ill sell them for cost plus shipping,

PLUS the price of an install.

Be nice dragon!!!

If you have a bench vise you can bend the ends closer together it that. But I would go to the hardware store and just get "U" bolts as they are a tad softer metal than muffler clamps and can be bent MUCH easier. I would also get a bigger size, something between what you have now and the size of the OUTSIDE mounting holes and it will be mush easier to bend the bolts out to fit. Just be careful not to damage the threads!!!

When you tighten the nuts down use a few washers if you have to but when the nuts tighten up the dish will not move. If you can I would suggest you put a few self tapping screws through the base of the dish into the mast to be 100% sure it does not move.

Just drill small holes in the mounting foot at the center point of the mew location.

After drilling the small holes, just use a step drill to enlarge the holes to 5/16.

Since you don't have a vertical milling machine, this is the easiest method. I use it often. The step drill allows drilling partial holes, as long as the holes are contained within more than 1/2 of the circle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help! Directv and 4x8 switch box

New customer offer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)