Pole Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
Ok, so I am 95% sure I will be going with Direct TV Choice HD DVR promo w/ hbo, stars,max,sho and HD extra pack.

Will be moving to 1st floor condo, so no roof and no balcony.

Provided I have shot to sats, I imagine I need a pole mount which I understand is notincluded.

I also imagine it is MUCh cheaper to get my own vs paying the installer for a pole, SO what should I be looking to get?

Thanks.

Each installation is different. The pole you need is a 2"OD.

The hard part...and what installers charge for... is selecting a place for the pole that allows for grounding, customer and landlord acceptance and a practical cable run.

Start by asking your condo board what their rule is regarding the dish. Then you need to route cable to your TVs. If your building is wired for cable you may be able to use that system for your installation.....splitters have to be removed.

Good luck,

Joe

Ok, so I am 95% sure I will be going with Direct TV Choice HD DVR promo w/ hbo, stars,max,sho and HD extra pack.

Will be moving to 1st floor condo, so no roof and no balcony.

Provided I have shot to sats, I imagine I need a pole mount which I understand is notincluded.

I also imagine it is MUCh cheaper to get my own vs paying the installer for a pole, SO what should I be looking to get?

Thanks.
You can buy the pole and mount from Solid Signal. You will need to cement it into the ground, to get them to use it. Link: http://search.solidsignal.com/?i=1&i1.x=0&i1.y=0&page=7&q=pole+mount&site=com&u1=q You might want to see how much the local HSP for DirecTV would charge to install their own pole, etc. You might see if they could use a tripod install, but you may need secured to the ground as well.

I see that Joe Diamond has responded and he was or is an installer. So he would know best.

Thanks. So what is the typical charge to do this by an installer?

Ok, found out the rule.
No mounting to building structure and no digging into ground.

drove around today and saw 1 in ground, but the rest were either cemented into flower pots or 5 gallon buckets.
I will get cement and flower pot.
What material should I get the 2" pole in? PVC?

Ok, found out the rule.

drove around today and saw 1 in ground, but the rest were either cemented into flower pots or 5 gallon buckets.

NO! Get it in galvanized steel if possible. Check a local fence company or you can use 2" exhaust pipe.

Ok, found out the rule.

Good,

Now that you have found out where the condo board is.............the OTARD (Fed Statute) makes your condo rule illegal. They (the condo) cannot have a rule that limits where a satellite dish is placed....there is more......but take a look at the law. Just google OTARD and you will see many cases.

Your boys read their Shakespeare........pound of flesh (dish antenna) OK...No blood allowed (digging and attaching to buildings).

Select aplace on your private area and go for it.

Illegitimi non carborundum,

Joe

Good,

Now that you have found out where the condo board is.............the OTARD (Fed Statute) makes your condo rule illegal. They (the condo) cannot have a rule that limits where a satellite dish is placed....there is more......but take a look at the law. Just google OTARD and you will see many cases.

Your boys read their Shakespeare........pound of flesh (dish antenna) OK...No blood allowed (digging and attaching to buildings).

Select aplace on your private area and go for it.

Illegitimi non carborundum,

Joe

There is nothing in the hoa rules that is against OTARD. They can say no poles in common areas and no mounting to buildings.

Lady on phone said no digging hole in ground to mount pole.
Supposed to fax me the paperwork (actually have to apply for privlidge adnd be approved by property mngr) but never faxed me paperwork yesterday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts