Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Has anyone used this instead of concrete for a 10 foot or larger dish? It cures a LOT faster than concrete. We're using this at work now for installation of 48 foot poles with a small dish (for terrestrial microwave) at the top.

I've used post and fence premix before. You put the post in the hole, add the dry mix, and add water. If polecrete works for you at work, it works better than "post and fence" stuff which has always crumbled apart for me after a couple of winters.

But, if you have to ask because you're unsure, just go with regular concrete and know that you have something that does in fact work, if mixed properly.

when i mix crete, it goes something like this;
2500 lbs of 2b stone, 1850 lbs of sand, 600 lbs of Portland cement, 400lbs slag, 330 lbs water (depending on moisture's of sand and stone) 55 oz glenium, 5 oz air entran. makes 1.5 yards.
mix 90 seconds and dump into large loader to pour into concrete median barrier form!!
course, i use a smaller batch at home....

I used some 6000lbs of premix for the bud I currently have in the air. I can't remember how many bags. I used somewhere between 80 and 90 66lb bags. There was a rock in the way of the hole that was so large the excavator had trouble lifting it out. Rather than chance things shifting later I just filled it with concrete.

I've since changed the springs in my car, though. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

seeking replacement mesh

Best C Band Satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)