Policing of The Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes which is why I nominate Kevin. He can see between the "playing" and figure out what is really trouble and what is just having fun.
I dunno. He kept telling me to shut up about race when the primaries started saying it was not an issue. :rolleyes:

But the rules of etiquette aren't supposed to be different, just the nature of the discussion, which we know gets heated. Alas, it regularly gets heated through name-calling.

We had the conversation earlier about good natured humor; I understand the joking around, but its hard to draw a line. And rule #1 is broken regularly. Can't you admit that?

As far as moving posts to the pit, I think we as a staff collectively realized that was a mistake. And as far as I am concerned, if there is a political or religious thread outside of the pit, it should be closed, with the last post inviting those who want to continue the discussion to take it to the pit. As a general rule, we should NOT move threads to the pit. 110% behind that.

I don't want to see the pit closed, but I hate that we have to have these decorum threads every two or three months.
If the rules of etiquitte are not different in the Pit then move all the threads to the chit chat section.

I gotta agree with the Bear, as usual. There is nothing I hate more than topic nazis. I see it on far too many forums.
Especially when the pub prides itself on mutating topics within the threads. :D

imo, the only forums where posts should absolutely remain on topic should be the support forums.

If the rules of etiquitte are not different in the Pit then move all the threads to the chit chat section.

No the rules of etiquette are the same, just the topics that are allowed. i.e., politics and religion can only go on in the pit.

But you KNEW that... :D

Funny how some of you are against those who report posts from the Pit, yet those same people who are saying that are the ones doing that.

I know of one well known Pit dweller who constantly hits the report post button yet he does the same thing in the Pit as the one he's reporting....

Funny how some of you are against those who report posts from the Pit, yet those same people who are saying that are the ones doing that.

I know of one well known Pit dweller who constantly hits the report post button yet he does the same thing in the Pit as the one he's reporting....

I've used the report button but never in The PIT, and I give you or any other moderator my permission to publicly call me on it if I ever do.

If you have someone who is constantly hitting the report button then they should have their PIT access removed.

NightRdyer

Last edited:

This subversive subliminal undermined outing is just plain wrong. Its rumor mongering to incite internal dissension, finger pointing and unrest at its worst. THe carrot dangling of I know what you don't, wouldn't you like to know is so, well... unprofessional. Either tell us or don't say anything. We know you don't like the PIT but What your doing is the evilest of evil. Its wrong..

This subversive subliminal undermined outing is just plain wrong. Its rumor mongering to incite internal dissension, finger pointing and unrest at its worst. THe carrot dangling of I know what you don't, wouldn't you like to know is so, well... unprofessional. Either tell us or don't say anything. We know you don't like the PIT but What your doing is the evilest of evil. Its wrong..

Maybe so, but I have had mods tell me that the reports from the pit exceed everything else put together. You owe them some thanks for their general restraint, instead of complaining when they express some frustration.

Maybe so, but I have had mods tell me that the reports from the pit exceed everything else put together. You owe them some thanks for their general restraint, instead of complaining when they express some frustration.
But it sounds like it may be just one person who's doing the "Report Post". As already said, that person probably shouldn't be in the Pit...

They can frustrate all they want. I'll even listen..And thank them afterwards. Thats not my point. Its the intentional baiting with snippets of "secret" information about other members thats wrong. If the intent is to cause mistrust between the members then its just wrong.

Hall is right, as usual.

Guys, let it go. There have been many people who have used the reported post in the pit over the years. Some for valid reasons, some are petty and are ignored.

We are not going to say who reported the one last week; and there is no reason for a witch hunt.

Just let it go, and move on. Case closed, and this discussion has run its course. CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)