Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This morning we were notified by Viglink and Amazon who provide us with monetizing services for SatelliteGuys that we must add the following disclaimer to our web pages.

"All user generated content, posts, and discussions, contained on SatelliteGuys are the intellectual property of SatelliteGuys. SatelliteGuys reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users of SatelliteGuys with our own internal tracking."

So it has been added based on their request.

Thanks for you understanding!

SatelliteGuys reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users of SatelliteGuys with our own internal tracking."

What "monetizable links" posted by users are they referring to?

What "monetizable links" posted by users are they referring to?

If you get an Amazon link from another website they might have their own monetization deal with Amazon. I know that a site I frequent to find out about video game deals does. If I were to take a link from their website and post it here in the video game deals thread they would be the ones who get the credit from Amazon, not Satellite Guys.

From reading what Amazon wants posted here it looks like this notice is just covering Satellite Guys in case they overwrite those Amazon links with ones that would give financial credit to Satellite Guys instead. This might also apply to people who use Amazon Smile to give a percentage of their Amazon purchases to their charity of choice. I know that I usually browse Amazon using Smile so sometimes my links are Amazon Smile links instead of the Satellite Guys Amazon link.

Reactions: TheKrell
Would that also include links to a non-Partner site like B&H Photo or Walmart?

Yes all links.

While this policy was requested by Amazon they felt it was best to put in a blanket disclaimer as I am sure their other partners will want on as well.

We have been using them for about 7 years now with mild success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)