Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet? (Dec poll)

Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

• Yes

Votes: 171 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 88 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That phone call may have been for the cards you just received. If you just got a new 622, it may not need the card if it was manufactured within the last 4 or so months. Remember, the new receivers have the new card built in.

On the first poll I voted NO as I did not get them yet. I received the cards around the beginning of December so I just voted YES. No problems here with my 211 and 722. Everything went smoothly.

OK, I wasn't sure that they were putting the new smartcards in the remanufactured 622s. They haven't made any new ones in a year or so ever since the 722 came out.

As I posted in the beginning of this thread, I started seeing the 998 channel Christmas Eve. The cards came for my three receivers the day after Christmas and are now installed. I also got the automated call that afternoon.

As I posted in the beginning of this thread, I started seeing the 998 channel Christmas Eve. The cards came for my three receivers the day after Christmas and are now installed. I also got the automated call that afternoon.

Now you got to do the numbers for us. With about 13-14 million receivers out there, what is the conversion rate per month based on your polling?

I got my 2 cards the first week of December - I find it odd that I'd get my cards earlier than most since all I sub to is the family pack with locals - I guess the longer you've been a customer, the sooner you get them (been w/ E* since 1999-ish)

Does anyone have any idea how E* is sending out the cards - is it by region, by length of sub, by programming package, or what?

I guess the longer you've been a customer, the sooner you get them (been w/ E* since 1999-ish)

Toss that out. I've been with them since 1998 and I'm sans new smart cards.

I already know how this is going to go down for me (being I have had many an experience with Dish.)

The day my current smart cards will no longer show the signal I'll be forced to call and complain and they will say that I need new smart cards and they are already in the mail.

Two weeks later I will finally get them after 10 more calls to tech support, 8 emails to ceo@ecostar.com and many cries of foul here.

They will prorate my service for the two weeks and throw in one free PPV rental...

Toss that out. I've been with them since 1998 and I'm sans new smart cards.

I already know how this is going to go down for me (being I have had many an experience with Dish.)

The day my current smart cards will no longer show the signal I'll be forced to call and complain and they will say that I need new smart cards and they are already in the mail.

Two weeks later I will finally get them after 10 more calls to tech support, 8 emails to ceo@ecostar.com and many cries of foul here.

They will prorate my service for the two weeks and throw in one free PPV rental...

Actually this roll out seems to be smoother than previous ones I have had. (one with dish and 3 with DirecTv). A few people have reported not getting their cards when they see indications that the need them. But many have gotten them within a day of seeing channel 998 and getting the automated phone call.

From the percentage difference shown in this versus the previous poll, I would estimate they are sending the cards at about 5 to 6 percent% of the receivers a month. Maybe completed by mid-year. Of course the polls may be off, or they may change the rate at which they are sending out the cards.

Has anyone experienced any problems with their receiver after installing the new smart card. I have a 622 and got my cards yesterday. I hate to miss the football playoffs.

Now you got to do the numbers for us. With about 13-14 million receivers out there, what is the conversion rate per month based on your polling?

There are 13 million customers, which would equate to about 30 million receivers. The first poll was running about 50/50 and this poll is 2/1. The first poll was two months ago, so that would equate to about 2 million customers per month. The whole exchange out should take 6 or 7 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)