Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet? (Dec poll)

Poll, Do you have your NEW smartcards yet?

• Yes

Votes: 171 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 88 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the percentage difference shown in this versus the previous poll, I would estimate they are sending the cards at about 5 to 6 percent% of the receivers a month. Maybe completed by mid-year. Of course the polls may be off, or they may change the rate at which they are sending out the cards.

Excellent Job!

Now on your next poll, you should call it Repoll or something like that and clearly ask that everyone poll again so you have a better change of picking up all the old pollers. Your numbers might be skewed to to low side. Add some history stats for excitement and you can start a lottery.

Thanks

Toss that out. I've been with them since 1998 and I'm sans new smart cards.

I already know how this is going to go down for me (being I have had many an experience with Dish.)

The day my current smart cards will no longer show the signal I'll be forced to call and complain and they will say that I need new smart cards and they are already in the mail.

Two weeks later I will finally get them after 10 more calls to tech support, 8 emails to ceo@ecostar.com and many cries of foul here.

They will prorate my service for the two weeks and throw in one free PPV rental...
FEb 1998...no cards yet

Previous poll started 11/1
This poll started 12/26

We are up 14.02 percent saying they have gotten the cards. So approximately 7.51% a month (30 days). At 13 million that is 975,000 a month. That puts them as completing the card swap as early as the end of May.

Press Menu, Menu and look at the DNASP number.

It should be 241 for then new NAGRA-3 encryption.

Any other number and you need a new smart card.

I did not get one for my 722 only for my 625. It said on the paper that the 722 did not need a new card.

Just make sure the info screen on your 722 shows a smartcard with DshH02. If so it already has the card builtin.

Just got mine for a 722 and a 622. 722 installed with zero problems. My 622 scared me, initially it would not recognize the card. A hard boot (pull the plug) worked. My wife would have been pissed if her 622 did not work.

Got mine Saturday for my 4900 and 322 dual receiver, the 301 didn't need one, and can I say that Dish, you really got it simplified this time. Put the smart card in.......watch it do it's thing.........and in less than 5 minutes it's back on with all the channels checked and confirmed. It's nice to know that Dish got this an improvement better than last time they had us replace smart cards..........must have learned something that they didn't know last time.........nevertheless, thanks for making this changeout much simplified this time.

In middle December,I received new smart cards for one 622 and one 722. The accompanying letter indicated no need for new cards for my other three receivers(622,722,211k) which I had purchased in June 2008 or later.

My mom's 622 was purchased thru a packaged deal with AT&T about 2 years ago. Will this have anything to do with her not getting her cards yet. I'm sure it doesn't but just wondering why she hasn't received hers yet. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)