Poll: How much HD PPV do you buy each Month from DishNetwork?

Select the statement that best matches your HD PPV activity

• I am a Dish Subscriber but I don't buy any HD PPV movies from DishNetwork

Votes: 221 84.7%
  • I am a Dish Subscriber and I buy 1 to 2 HD PPV movies each month.

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • I am a Dish Subscriber and I buy 3 to 6 HD PPV movies each month

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • I am a Dish Subscriber and I buy 7 or more HD PPV movies each month.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a Dish Subscriber and I have purchased HD PPV movies but less than one per month.

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've bought them, but I've been so disappointed by the PQ and the zooming/open matte that I prefer upconverted SD DVD's over PPV.

I have one comparison shot of A Bridge to Terabithia on SD DVD and HD PPV.

I will upload them to photobucket and update this thread this evening.

Why buy an hd pay per view when in one month they will be in hd on SHowtime/Hbo/Starz/Cinemax? I waited this long to see them, so one more month won't matter. Those transponders could be put to so much better use than what they are doing with them now.

I don't use the PPV at all. I rent from Netflix. If they are not available in HD-DVD format I just get the DVD. I can always catch the HD version on one of the premium station.

Why buy an hd pay per view when in one month they will be in hd on SHowtime/Hbo/Starz/Cinemax? I waited this long to see them, so one more month won't matter. Those transponders could be put to so much better use than what they are doing with them now.
I have yet to hear about Black Snake Moan, Wild Hogs and Delta Farce ( the 3 I have ordered in the last 2 months) on any of the Premiums...

TomT223-

I agree. The HD PPVs are too expensive. I don't have any idea what the business model is like for, say, royalties per view, but if they made it more like I tunes pricing, on music, say $.99 a view with the capability of DVR storage for say 5 days, they would have my money over BlockBuster rentals. The reason is that while I have movie pass I still have to drive to the store to exchange my 2 - out for new ones. At .99 ea with a 5 day storage, I could see HD PPV as being competitive.

As for the poll, I'm not surprised at the results except for the few who did buy more than 3 per month. I would be interested in hearing their story as to why. It may be they live in a location that makes it difficult to get to a rental store or doesn't understand Netflix. I hope DishNetwork sees this poll and compares with their revenue stream. Personally, I like the idea of a variety of HD PPV their channels offer but would rather prefer using the bandwidth for channels they do not carry such as Smithsonian HD, SciFi HD etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)