Poll: Since VoOm is Alive, How many people wil switch to them?

Shouldn't we have the "Already switched to VOOM" option in this poll?
Or does it fall under "Not convinced, I will keep my current HD provider!" option? ;)

keno said:
Hmmm...where? EDTV? Circuit City & Best Buy start at $3,500 for the cheapest HDTV. Average price for an average quality HDTV is $4,400, and for a good one over $5,000.
Maybe you're confusing Plasma with HDTV. There are lots of good rear projection HDTVs up to 65" for less than $2500.

I personally am not ready to give up all SD for what little bit of HD is out there, and depending on those customers will doom voom. Voom first has to have an HD only package (that contains ALL of their HD) and then second has to beat DirecTV in HD that I'd actually want to watch. If they had a DVR that was affordable, then I'd be even more inclined to get it. They can't beat DirecTV on SD content, they dont have the money to put up that many satellites, and until Cartoon network starts broadcasting adult swim in HD, I won't be shutting down SD.

Completely agree!

I LOVE HD! But, there's still too much out there that's SD for me to completely give it up. Over time, I think that will gradually change. But, on top of that I would still need to get locals via OTA (which is not possible for some of my locals). On top of that, a great deal of the stuff I've seen on Voom just doesn't do anything for me.

I want (pretty much in this order)

Locals in HD
Premiums in HD
Sports in HD
Other stuff in HD

The ONLY provider that has been able to deliver on that is Adelphia. E* couldn't, D* can't. Voom cant. Obviously, that's not the case for everyone. Lots of other cable providers are more capable or less capable than mine, so YMMV. Over time, however, I really believe cable will end up killing both E* and D*. E* first, and I think it's because they just aren't keeping up in any single area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts