POLL: What will be your next NEW technology gadget purchase this year?

Please select one

• I plan to buy a 3D monitor, and Blue Ray 3D player.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I plan to buy an Apple iPAD

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I plan to buy a non-Apple tablet product.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I plan to buy a Nexus One Android phone.

• I plan to buy an all electric car.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I plan to buy the xStreamHD system

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Pick only one, your NEXT new technology device, system, product listed. If you have something you're planning to buy that is not listed please post it. This poll is not intended for those who will not be buying a new technology or new innovative device this year. All it is is a poll on those who intend to buy and what the first one will be.

Last edited:
None. I plan to crete a real home theater in the next year. That mostly means a new front projector, and lots of furniture and decorating stuff.

I plan to stash away money, just in case. If things start to look good, I'll redo the kitchen that my wife has been wanting to do for years.

No new toys for me this year, unless something breaks. And maybe not even then.

Most "exciting" change will be going from 110/119/61.5 to EA.

'Other' for me too. Wife is getting a Moto Droid this month, and I am interested in going 3D on my desktop PC, it'll be years before we do that in our living room.

Probably look into this 'having kids' later this year, so we'll see how that impacts the goodies budget. I really want to get a nice DSLR camera and get into that as a hobby, and I'm 31 and still have my telescope from Jr. High School... I'd like to spend the money on a $300ish nice scope to enjoy for the next decade or two.

Other- My LG Chocolate 3 is on the fritz so I'm looking to upgrade to a smartphone. Right now I'm trying to decide between a Droid, a Pre, or a crackberry.

I might buy a tv everywhere adapter and an hd media extender for my 722k , IF it is reasonable in price. Otherwise I'll stick with coax to the tv 2 in the bedroom , up-converted to 720p over a dvd recorder. I really don't have money to waste anymore on tech gadets like I used to.

Most "exciting" change will be going from 110/119/61.5 to EA.
Navychop- I'm just completing that process now. You have it right, It is exciting but not in a new sort of way. It is exciting because it is the most challenging aiming process I have ever done. I know it is a piece of cake for a tech with a sat buddy or birddog but for me with an analog meter it is quite challenging. One bit of advice- keep your existing system while you add the EA and once satisfied, you can switch the cables and remove the old system.

I usually start early and did so again this year-

Home Theater- Upgraded to an OPPO BD83SE Blu Ray player. Love it! Added two more speakers and amp for 7.1

Upgraded to the 722K with OTA adapter. Managed to get both free after many phone calls to DishNetwork. Refused to allow Dish to mess with my antenna system so I am adding EA dish myself.

Bought a new M4 Carbine with nightvision scope and red/green laser. Scope is on backorder :(

I may have to wait on ipad for future generation if it doesn't meet my specifications, otherwise I'll jump on board. I bought and sold and bought apple stock on day of announcement so it's paid for! :) Need to look at competitors products too. I like the concept but not dedicated to any one brand.

Just got a Slingbox Solo and I don't know why I didn't get one of these things sooner. With the Slingmobile app on the iPhone I can watch my TV anywhere with a 3G signal. Already turned into one of those dads at my daughters softball game with a headphone in one ear and one eye on my phone watching the Lakers game.

I voted Android Phone...although I will likely keep my Sprint Mogul due to the SERO Plan. I am also considering buying a Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan Hybrid although that doesn't qualify as an "all electric" car. To be honest, I'll probably wait since since next years model should come equipped with MyFord instead of Sync. Other than a new Yamaha home theater receiver (which I probably don't need) and a new laptop there isn't much I need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)